Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Well, here's the first N900 case I've seen:

"for Nokia N900 N 900 * Crystal Plastic Cover Hard Case"

http://cgi.ebay.com/for-Nokia-N900-N...item45ee9188a8

Not really what I'm after... Might fall into "you get what you pay for" category. But I might get one to check out given how cheap it is.

However the sad empty shell might make me pine for the N900 even more. Arrgh!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
What do you think about this case? It is adjustable in the width.

http://www.strapya-world.com/products/15838.html
I think the mechanism is nice, but it's preferable to be executed in leather to maintain a consistent look The excess ties should be handled better too..

Personally, I'm going to wrap my device in a invisible shield\bodyguardz type material and just pocket it 'nude' to maintain the slimmest possible size.

I'd probably buy a belt holster or a sleeveless clip too because I use them occasionally, but not everyday..

Leather cases (like Vaja) adds way too much bulk in my experience, even when you never put it in your pocket and they spoil way too quick for my taste (even Vaja.. bought a few of those in the past).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I agree with the above post. If i understand it correct.

I am going for a screen protector only.
Thing is, which one is best for the job?

No dust, no fog, still good responsiveness, durability, scratchfree, no glare, holes for the cam + prox. sensor.

Just if this hasnt been mentioned yet:
There is a topic specifically for screen protectors right here to add some already discussed information to this topic.

Last edited by r0eladn; 2009-10-10 at 06:54.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by r0eladn View Post
No dust, no fog, still good responsiveness, durability, scratchfree, no glare, holes for the cam + prox. sensor.
Most screen-only protectors have no problem with the above, cept for 'glare' issue you need to get the matte finish at a slight loss of clarity.
(Forward) cam, proximity and light sensor needs no special holes cause they'll work just fine with yet another layer of transparent protector over them.

I just hope the top of N900's face plate is completely flat, so's to make application easier and better durability for the sticker.

As for the rest of the device, I'll apply invisible shield\bodyguardz-type (die-cut 3M sheets) to protect them from scratches. With them on, I can even pocket the device along with my house keys..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I think some sort of screen protector is a must simply because the screen is totally a smudge magnet. First I made fun of my friend's iPhone for being such a smudgy pocket mirror, but now I'm faced with a similarly smudgy screen. Terrible.
And it's hard to get completely clean again, even using microfibre. The dirt just smudges around.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
The problem I have, why I never use screen protectors, is I always seem to get dust under the damn thing. I really wish they would just factory install something like the invisible shield.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I think some sort of screen protector is a must simply because the screen is totally a smudge magnet. First I made fun of my friend's iPhone for being such a smudgy pocket mirror, but now I'm faced with a similarly smudgy screen. Terrible.
And it's hard to get completely clean again, even using microfibre. The dirt just smudges around.
Haha use the stylus. That's what I do when my fingers are dirty.

@Alex Atkin UK
I have the sale problem installing protectors. Always have to try 2-3 times to get it just right.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
@Alex Atkin UK
I have the sale problem installing protectors. Always have to try 2-3 times to get it just right.
this might be useful for you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0eladn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Knowing that the aftermarket cases won't come for awhile, I decided to buy this as a temporary solution until a proper fitted case is available:

http://www.amazon.com/Caselogic-Medi...5176291&sr=8-3

It's cheap, and according to the internal dimensions cited in the description, the n900 should fit.

For those who owned a sony ericsson P1i before, I think the original P1i pouch will fit the N900, it's almost the same dimensions, except the N900 being a little taller

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector