Posts: 97 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by Ast007 View Post
Interesting, I was looking for something today and found nothing. Even for a normal VOIP call.

I tried to add google talk account but it keeps coming up wrong password. Same with qvdial which I think is similar that, doesn't allow connection. So if som1 finds something, post it here.

Thanks.
google replace gtalk with hangout and no maemo developer interest to create something compatible with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Okay, is it possible to port Linphone to Maemo, for SIP?
And Jitsi for XMPP-Jingle?
There is SFLphone - can anybody test it? How does it work?

Why does rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook depend on rtcom-accounts-plugin-jabber?

Thank you. Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Okay, is it possible to port Linphone to Maemo, for SIP?
And Jitsi for XMPP-Jingle?
There is SFLphone - can anybody test it? How does it work?

Why does rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook depend on rtcom-accounts-plugin-jabber?

Thank you. Best wishes.
i'm already using linphone service on default SIP application in n900. it work ( video call, voice call and chat ). it's just popularity issue compared to skype

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Okay. Will try it. At least, with SIP, people can register with different providers, and it will be interoperable, like email - no lock-in.

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by supergaban View Post
i'm already using linphone service on default SIP application in n900. it work ( video call, voice call and chat ). it's just popularity issue compared to skype
I'm trying to get linphone working through the VOIP and Chat accounts in Settings.
After typing in username@sip.linphone.org + password + in advanced settings proxy : sip.linphone.org I can't get it to work with two acounts which work fine on a tablet and a laptop. Using it through OpenVPN also did not work. After I click on Sign In it starts loading and spinning and then it goes back to previous screen of Voip and Chat Accounts, without the yellow confirmation screen or green status appearing as in http://youtu.be/QKp0hZ9WL18?t=1m52s

I tried it on WiFi (I don't have any mobile credit right now) on three N900s which have CSSU Stable, CSSU Testing and Nokia's last official firmware.

What am I doing wrong?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dongle Fongle View Post
I'm trying to get linphone working through the VOIP and Chat accounts in Settings.
After typing in username@sip.linphone.org + password + in advanced settings proxy : sip.linphone.org I can't get it to work with two acounts which work fine on a tablet and a laptop. Using it through OpenVPN also did not work. After I click on Sign In it starts loading and spinning and then it goes back to previous screen of Voip and Chat Accounts, without the yellow confirmation screen or green status appearing as in http://youtu.be/QKp0hZ9WL18?t=1m52s

I tried it on WiFi (I don't have any mobile credit right now) on three N900s which have CSSU Stable, CSSU Testing and Nokia's last official firmware.

What am I doing wrong?
Same. If I change username or password, I get yellow-notification that username-and-or-password-is-incorrect-or-something. Hence, the silent-failure-to-sign-in is not caused by wrong username or password.

Somebody who got linphone to work: care to share any tips?

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You are doing nothing wrong.

KeepAlive parameters should be assumed to be handled automatically.
You do not need to change any parameter under advanced settings BUT:
KeepAlive Mechanism to Registered
and maybe KeepAliveInterval to any fixed value (needed that once but not anymore ).
Then linphone.org will work.

--
Oh, and this hint is courtesy of sicelo.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
my previous issue when i using linphone was the same, and the problem was on keep alive mechanism. i choose REGISTER and everything working.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to supergaban For This Useful Post:
Hi peterleinchen and supergaban, thank you for your quick replies.

Audio calls are working now indeed after flipping the switch to REGISTER underneath the Keep Alive Mechanism.

Video calls don't work yet though. Whether started from tablet, laptop or n900, the video window opens for a second and then closes again.

Any suggestions?

Edit: changing the video codecs on linphone on laptop worked. The standard was VP8 which did not work on N900 apparently.
Now I need to find a way to use MP4 / h264 codecs on linphone's ipad app without jailbreaking...it says 'compile from source' if there is anyone who knows how to, or know of a good audio/video SIP client for iOS, then I can really start using it (I will be mostly contacting someone on an apple device)

In any case, very happy that SIP with audio is already working on my N900. But video...would make me ecstatic

Last edited by Dongle Fongle; 2015-03-09 at 08:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If on Windows: install h264 plugin from videolan.org (link on linphone)

If on newer ubuntu (linux) try to compile

question:
if anybody knows how to get msx264 compiled on ubuntu12 for linphone, please let me know! [get it compiled (version 1.3.3) but crashes, full linphone compile does also not work]

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, video call