Notices

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
Code:
# myFUNAMBOL also requires that the string starts with sc-pim-
deviceId = sc-n900
i just spent a few hours tracking down a problem and thought i'd share my insights so others can look it up here

i was unsuccessfully trying to sync against a kolab groupware server (which uses horde3 as client interface, including the syncml part). the items from the N900 would show up on the server, but nothing arrived on the N900.
digging into the logs, i found this hint:
Code:
[2010-09-27 19:30:01.046] According to remote devInf, 'text/x-s4j-sife' is not supported, but obviously it is used here so we try to handle it
[2010-09-27 19:30:01.047] Incompatible content type 'text/x-4j-sife' version '[none]' specified in command or item meta
this led me to a bug filed against the moblin bugzilla (i'm guessing this is due to the meego transition), which says that if the deviceId starts with "sc-pim-", horde will treat the client in a special compatibility - mode for old funambol clients.

syncevolution on the n900 doesn't like this much, so the fix is to change your deviceId to something custom like tarek does in his howto. the default installation of syncevolution currently in -testing will choose a deviceId starting with "sc-pim-".
not sure if its worth filing another bug for this, because changing it would apparently break compatibility with myFunambol...

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Should this sync user-images?

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

I try to synchronise with an egroupware server.
Did anybody success on that?

I set my own egroupserver up and it seems to work.
Then I configured syncevolution (1.0.0).

I can synchronise my addressbook with "two-way" and it works fine.
I also can synchronise my calendora with "refresh-from-server", but not any of the other ways. It seems, as soon as the phone wants to send something to the server, it gets an error:
Code:
Unexpected reply from server; might be a temporary problem, try again later
Thank you for your help.
If somebody wants to try it themselfs, I can create an accoutn on my egroupware server.

When i use the same syncevolution profile on my ubuntu. I get this error:
Code:
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: ... via libsoup: Internal Server Error
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Last edited by caco3; 2010-12-08 at 17:24.

Hi guys,

is somebody using SyncEvolution to sync only the contacts to google?

Does it work at all? I tried the google-template and get the 401-error

thanks.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
I started to use the MfE with google, but always after some days the calendar did not want to sync anymore, so I had to do a full sync.
Because it started to annoy me, I invested the 15$ and am now again a happy nuevasync user.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by petibub View Post
Hi guys,

is somebody using SyncEvolution to sync only the contacts to google?

Does it work at all? I tried the google-template and get the 401-error

thanks.
I am using it with google and it sync nicely except for the images from N900 to google, but reverse is fine

The Following User Says Thank You to drangina For This Useful Post:
thx dragina. can you tell me something about your settings? the obvious settings i tried yield error 401 :-(

thx dragina. can you tell me something about your settings? the obvious settings i tried yield error 401 :-(
Here you go

In Sync URL put
http://m.google.com/syncml
Web URL
http://m.google.com/sync
put your gmail id and password
Contact database
contacts
Contact Sync
In the beginning i put Refresh from client and later normal

leave rest to default
and do the sync but definately take a backup before that

The Following User Says Thank You to drangina For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the settings, drangina.

With your settings I get the error 20043. When I change the SyncURL to https I get the error 401.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the settings, drangina.

With your settings I get the error 20043. When I change the SyncURL to https I get the error 401.

Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry I have no idea about the errors. I am totally not an expert on softwares.

May be someone can help this guy!!!

Tags
calendar sync, maemo 5