Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
New Early Access release has been made available!

release notes

changelog

Jämsänjoki update fixes dozens of bugs reported by our community, adds many improvements and new corporate features, like mobile device management (MDM), new Camera user interface with quick access from Lock Screen, smarter Calendar on Events, WPA2 Enterprise PEAP support, new VPN options (PPTP, L2TP), Bluez version 5 for Jolla C and much more.

Last edited by atlochowski; 2017-07-24 at 12:10. Reason: add information

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
hm, they swapped to bluez5 on JollaC without audio support for bluetooth. Therefor this device is useless for me. Swapped to Jolla1 again.

The Following User Says Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
hm, they swapped to bluez5 on JollaC without audio support for bluetooth. Therefor this device is useless for me. Swapped to Jolla1 again.
You have to remember this is Early Access release not final one.

You can try do downgrade your Jolla C

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
You have to remember this is Early Access release not final one.

You can try do downgrade your Jolla C
I know but at all EAs this stuff was nearly implemented as in the consumer release - just heavy bugs were corrected by now. So I guess all aqua fish users (or at least EAs on JollaC) will not have audio via bluetooth with the release.

Last edited by cy8aer; 2017-07-24 at 13:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Hahaha, now after several years they lower themselves to impletment wpa enterprise. rofl.

The Following User Says Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
As for all Early Access Release i would only update or even recomend it to someone who as a second Jolla phone. According to https://together.jolla.com/questions/ members there are a lot of complaints. Have to wait and see

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
"Now vendors can drop more easily things like Developer Mode, Sideloading, Store and Sailfish OS updates."

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
I'm still rolling on the floor:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ed-workaround/

"Bug" opened Dec 2013, so amazing three and a half years to implement a basic feature which already was working on my N9 with Meego.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Cool, for the first time in a long time, I didn't get the "update failed to install" message. I wonder if I've finally gotten rid of all the packages causing conflicts.

Some thoughts: the camera shortcut is very useful, but it looks like it doesn't load the camera in the background, so every time after rebooting your phone or restarting the home screen, you'll have to wait several seconds before the camera will start. Not ideal for the intended use, namely taking quick snaps. And yes, finally we don't need to enter the command line anymore just to connect to enterprise Wi-Fi. The Notes cover is still awful, so I don't know what they could possibly mean by 'polished'.

Last edited by nthn; 2017-07-24 at 19:00.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
I'm still rolling on the floor:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ed-workaround/

"Bug" opened Dec 2013, so amazing three and a half years to implement a basic feature which already was working on my N9 with Meego.
Unfortunately I think Sailfish will not succeed. Not, because it is a bad OS, but because the guys here are so negative. Instead of being happy, that there is a a long awaited feature finally available, there is just sarcasm and mockery.

If all the thousand other platforms have all the features you think that are standard nowadays, well than you can tell me, if there is native caldav support in Android meanwhile. The last time I've seen it, it wasn't there. Just available over third party apps. But of course that's not a standard.

If you want to have something other than Sailfish just choose the OS you like there are so many out there, and all are really great and have no downsides...

Don't get me wrong. I'm also often struggle on some Sailfish things. But for me there are no alternatives out there at the moment. Still hope that plasma mobile will develop, but i fear that will still take a while.

So I'm happy that there is a new update, bringing new features an hopefully also bugfixes.

The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: