Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
Btw is there a qwerty slider case for Xperia X?
I'm actually 3D printing prototypes (in Taulman Bridge nylon - since it is easily finished and dyed) for exactly that. I intend on posting my final designs here when finished.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Hello there sailors, I'm new here and have my sx up and running, playing with settings and installing my fav sfos apps etc, I found a feature that's maybe not mentioned before , although I did not read all in this topic.
When u go to settings ->About product and keep tapping on the build nr ( 2.1.3.7) u get acces to the CSD Tool with different kind of options!

Hopefully its of use to some of the sailors here!

Greetz from NL

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by ihmemies View Post
Im awaiting for SMB/CIFS support on kernel, dont know why they didnt add it on launch!?
Because, to make things simpler, they went for the stock Sony kernel. Which does have a lot of things NOT enabled (no modules, no btrfs, no networking fs like SMB/CIFS nor NFS, etc.)

Hopefully, at some point in the future, they'll start compiling their own kernel (like that they do on Jolla1) using all the code released by Sony on their git.

But that then means that Jolla will have to check themselve if their kernel works nicely with the binary drivers provided by Qualcom for the hardware.

Regarding Spectre : Hopefully Google will provide backports to the 4.4 kernel. It's very likely as they consider it as the LTS kernel that they will be supporting. And it's useful for Sailfish X as that's a kernel that Sony does provide for a lot of their open devices, including Xperia X.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Hello there sailors, I'm new here and have my sx up and running, playing with settings and installing my fav sfos apps etc, I found a feature that's maybe not mentioned before , although I did not read all in this topic.
When u go to settings ->About product and keep tapping on the build nr ( 2.1.3.7) u get acces to the CSD Tool with different kind of options!

Hopefully its of use to some of the sailors here!

Greetz from NL
Thank you for this little tip! I dropped my Sailfish X for the first time. I have a case on it and it landed perfectly flat on a ceramic tile floor with the case down and the screen facing up.

I figured that was the best possible phone drop I have ever executed - no screen scratches, no dents. The phone is still shiny and clean.

Well the next day I went to take a photo and the camera doesn't work. The front-facing camera works, but I certainly didn't want a picture of my own face.

Then a couple of days later I went to use the flashlight and noticed that doesn't work anymore either.

I reset to factory defaults and tried again. Same results. Then I saw this CSD toolset. Well, it didn't fix my problem, but I was able to confirm that the camera and the LED flash no longer operate with a test that rules out faulty software. Thank you!

And yes, the next thing I did was open my phone and detach the camera ribbon cable from the motherboard and then reattach. That didn't resolve my situation.

I will have to buy another phone and at least now I have a spare everything for it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RasLikesN9 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
Thanks, nice easter-egg!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
It's not an easter-egg when it's part of the changelog
It has been added in 1.1.6: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ettings-system
But I wonder how aQUICK1 could find it by accident

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sthocs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I wonder if there any whispers of the upcoming update?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I wonder if there any whispers of the upcoming update?
I don't know, I only now that switching AOSP blobs to the newest ones would probably fix our camera auto focus issue
2018-01-19: Update of AOSP Nougat binaries (Android 7.1 – Kernel 4.4) for Xperia X and Xperia X Compact, Xperia XZ Premium, Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact, Xperia XZ, Xperia XZs and Xperia X Performance. The following updates has been done for all devices: Adreno update, Vulkan update and various improvments; camera AF, AEC, AWB, and AGPS enhancements; configuration is loaded from vendor/etc.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2018-01-23 at 11:29.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I don't know, I only now that switching AOSP blobs to the newest ones would probably fix our camera auto focus issue
oooh, "Adreno update" might fix the webview lags, doesn't it?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Sthocs View Post
It's not an easter-egg when it's part of the changelog
It has been added in 1.1.6: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ettings-system
But I wonder how aQUICK1 could find it by accident
Yes indeed i found it by accident, with the developer activation on android in my mind i just did the same here on SX, nothing more, did not know it was already a known feature on older version of SF.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aQUICK1 For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x