Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Few games I ported, I'm not the best programmer (used in the loosest sense of the word) so...

Super Mario War

Super Mario War is a Super Mario multiplayer game. The goal is to stomp as many other Marios as possible to win the game.
  • Up to four players deathmatch fun
  • A whole bunch of game modes (featuring GetTheChicken, Domination, CTF, ...)
  • There are currently over 1000 maps
  • More fun than poking a monkey with a stick
  • CPU Players
  • Will make you happy and gives you a fuzzy feeling

C-Dogs

C-Dogs is an arcade shoot-em-up which lets players work alone and cooperatively during missions or fight against each other in the “dogfight” deathmatch mode.
Note, I made the character's walking speed double because it's pretty slow by default. I haven't tested the speed with any other characters but it should be ok hopefully.

Formido

(Already been ported by desiv before but I wanted to upload to extras-devel so I re-ported )

Formido is one of those games, where you are loaded with some guns and you go shooting different things. 'Things' in this case are big, ugly, - not green though - alien insects. The idea is to kill as many of those bastards as possible. Eventually they will overcome you, but struggle as long as you can. There are some power-ups to aid you in your honorable quest. Keep in mind, that those critters are rather tough and generally do nasty things when in close range of any player-characters.

Tile World

(Compiled by me once before, I can promise that this version is a tad better than the one done by me then )

Tile World is an emulation of the game "Chip's Challenge". "Chip's Challenge" was originally written for the Atari Lynx by Chuck Sommerville, and was later ported to MS Windows by Microsoft (among other ports).

Pipepanic

Pipepanic is a pipe connecting game for Linux using libSDL. Connect as many different shaped pipes together as possible within the time given.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-02-15 at 16:19.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
I'm completely addicted to Pipepanic.

Curse you for making me burn up precious free time with such a simple yet challenging game.

I broke 4000 yesterday.

but seriously, Thanks a million.

Yeah, I've playing pipe panic for awhile, and I remember playing the other 2 too... awesome old school games. My high score is 5580! Who's ganna top that?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ported C-Dogs.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
C-Dogs looks interesting I'll try it out later.

Thanks for your work in porting these

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
that's Cyber-Dogs! i used to play that in DOS. classic.

Again... Super Mario War added.

Oh yeah...great stuff!! Thanks for all these ports!

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Played Formido and was really excited to try it, the controls completely killed the game its pretty much unplayable. Anyone find a scheme that works?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hilversum
Any chance C-Dogs SDL can be ported to Fremantle? (pweeeeeeze...)