Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
If my N810 has been idle for a while (usually >1 hour) and I start to use it again, I frequently have a problem where there is no sound in response to taps on the screen or keystrokes on the keyboard, and the system seems very sluggish. Opening the application menu or the connections menu may take 3-5 seconds to respond. About a minute later, whether I have tried to open a program, etc or not, it spontaneously reboots. It seems this would indicate it is running out of memory, but there are no programs running to be hogging it all. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be a bug with OS2008 for the N810? It hasn't been since OS2005 on the 770 that I've had stability problems like this, but it is new hardware and maybe there's some kinks still left to be worked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

my n810 ... when i play a song i had in media player after it's been idle, it usually tells me 'file not found' and then proceeds to restart.

Sounds like the same problem. Mine will work (slowly) for about a minute (enough time to try to load a song with Media Player) before restarting. Do you only have this problem if you run Media Player or does it reboot no matter what you do?

OK, it's been 4 months. Let's try bumping the thread to the top of the list....

The Following User Says Thank You to jellotherat For This Useful Post:
Bump......

The slowness is probably just cpufreq deciding to eventually up the CPU speed.

For the reboot reason take a look here and give us some more info: http://maemo.org/community/wiki/reportingrebootissues/

Thanks lardman.

"cat /proc/bootreason" returns this:
sw_rst

"cat /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets" returns this:
/usr/sbin/dsp_dld -p --disable-restart -c /lib/dsp/dsp_dld_avs.conf : 1 *

Only application running is "osso-statusbar-cpu" in the background. Device is idle (doesn't matter if keyboard is open or closed). Device is in production mode. "dmesg" is way to long to retype here, but I created "core-dumps" directories on both memory cards to record information the next time it happens. I will report all of this via the bug tracker, but I'm hoping someone here can give some insight as well.

I have a similar problem.
After n810 goes in power save for some time, when I wake it up all physical keys doesn't work, light sensor don't work, keyboard lights doesn't work, and the system reboots automatically if I try to open an application.

Originally Posted by jellotherat View Post
Thanks lardman.

"cat /proc/bootreason" returns this:
sw_rst

"cat /var/lib/dsme/stats/lifeguard_resets" returns this:
/usr/sbin/dsp_dld -p --disable-restart -c /lib/dsp/dsp_dld_avs.conf : 1 *

Only application running is "osso-statusbar-cpu" in the background. Device is idle (doesn't matter if keyboard is open or closed). Device is in production mode. "dmesg" is way to long to retype here, but I created "core-dumps" directories on both memory cards to record information the next time it happens. I will report all of this via the bug tracker, but I'm hoping someone here can give some insight as well.

I have had this problem from the day I got my 810 a couple of months ago (exactly the same output as above). I finally lost patience with the damn thing and resolved to send it back to Nokia for repair. It MUST be a HW problem, since nothing was running.

In order to avoid a no-fault-found situation, I stripped the device of all user-installed applications, with the exception of sysklogd, which I hoped would provide me with details that I could send to Nokia.

I left the device on the mains-power waiting for the inevitable crash, with just an xterm running for me to type 'uptime'. After a WEEK, the damn thing had not crashed once!

Ahhhh, battery problem? I turned off the mains-power and continued to wait for the inevitable crash - for 8 MORE DAYS!!!

Give me strengh

I decided in the end to 'forgive' the device and start again with a clean flash of Diablo. Since that 'burn-in', it has not crashed once.

Go figure?

with dmesg I see something like this:
Code:
i2c_omap i2c_omap.2: timeout waiting for bus ready
and
Code:
lp5521 0-0032: lp5521 failed loading pattern
and
Code:
lm8323 0-0045: sent 2 bytes of -110 total

Last edited by wazrus; 2008-07-05 at 20:07.