Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Your yet another hard lined spammer then as goes for anyone on this forum that does not own a Nokia device.

Seems the truth always has a way of coming out and the very reason i have and never will listen to you on this forum along with a few others i might add !!!.
Just for the record, I own let's see ... N500 (GPS) N800 N810 N900 and I'm working on another N900 at the moment.

Edit: I forgot, I own a Nokia 1100 or something as well.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
If this MeeGo will launch before 2012 and will be any good, maybe there's hope after all (whatabout intel, AMD?)
I am also waiting for some statement from Intel and AMD.
Maybe they bring out the ultimative Smartphone with MeeGo
and without Nokia? Would be hard for them, I know...

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by glassflag View Post
Lots of people have cancer but that doesn't mean it's popular.
Ok thats just stupid, we are talking about a product here not a disease...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
How so? MeeGo will continue on.
M$ history tells all.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Wow, last time I saw a forum as hot as this was when Sony canned Linux from the PS3...and look what happened to that?

Im concerned for Nokia now. They have alienated the only supportive smartphone users they have. It could take years for them to reverse the perception this causes.

Im not particularly a Nokia fanboy; the N900 was my first Nokia for years. However, it is without doubt the most flexible phone around and that is despite no meaningful official support since its launch. Im annoyed that I am being forced down a jailbroke Android / Apple.

Pah!

The Following User Says Thank You to Claymore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maharadja View Post
Ok thats just stupid, we are talking about a product here not a disease...
You don't consider Windows to be a disease?

potato patato

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Don't do this often, but I have to congratulate Balmer for a job very well done (honestly and without any sarcasm). He did a brilliant coup. Saved tens of billions that buying Nokia would have required.
And after they finished to scare away the loyal Nokia customers (Symbian and Maemo) it will be even cheaper to buy NOKIA...

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by glassflag View Post
You don't consider Windows to be a disease?
I lol'd

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by Stonik View Post
True. I didn't know, that the idea of a winning ecosystem means giving all the profits to Microsoft. Bing search, ad money, Marketplace - how profitable are these for Nokia?

Nokia doesn't have search... google has search. Does Nokia have a presence in the online advertising market? What's the current state of Nokia's marketplace? Nokia doesn't have any of these things and they're letting an honest-to-goodness software company lend them theirs or create what needs to be created rather than trying to do it all themselves.

For all those trashing WP7... whatever you think about WP7 without actually having used it... that's only half as bad as what the rest of the world thinks about MeeGo, without being able to use it. You know all those articles trashing Nokia that everyone hates? That's the same as what you're writing right now. Microsoft actually upgraded their aging OS to a new version... how's the Maemo to MeeGo transformation going, even with MeeGo being a whole lot of Moblin underneath? Help from Microsoft can't make things worse for Nokia, only better. They haven't imploded the company! They've actually gained a working OS that's being brought up to speed at a very quick rate. How is that a bad thing? They went with the partner that will give them major input on shaping how the OS works, which they would not have been able to get from Google. How is that a bad thing? Other companies put WP7 on their phones and no one screamed that companies like HTC or Dell were going to go out of business as a result. Why is this going to kill Nokia? Seriously... it would be nice if someone predicting the end of Nokia would explain why this is so bad. Please keep in mind that almost no one outside this website knows who or what a MeeGo is or uses Linux or knows what root means in a computer sense when forumulating your explanations. Also please note that the zillion iPhone users show that phone buyers don't view software as politics or ideology. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to alcalde For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org