he hacks my laptop and can see which site i have visited my facebook password etc etc!! he has access to the router and he has changed the password.. plus mom is supporting him cuz i am younger but wtf i am 19yrs old and he is just 20yrs old !!

what am i to do to protect my self ? and is there any way to kick his own ***** ???

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
go unplug the router and repeadedly hit him with it until he agrees to stop being a dick.

failing that, read up on aircrack for the n900, at least youll be able to gain access to your own network.

disclaimer: I dont condone violence or hacking networks, I do however condone pissing off your siblings

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Well, it's your family, so legally speaking you are allowed to mess with the network. You don't actually need to use aircrack or anything, just use an ethernet cable, plug it in the router, and the other side into your computer, and you should be able to a/ access the network, b/ change the password to the wireless network.

If he's password protected stuff, just reset it (there should be a little button allowing you to reset the thing). Just set a password of your own, and DON'T FORGET TO ALSO USE A PASSWORD ON THE WIRELESS NETWORK, USING WPA. Then, kindly help everyone in the family getting back on the network.

He probably installed a trojan horse, keyloggers or whatnot. Unless he knows one password, he can't just detect other passwords, even with full control over the router. Change your passwords, every single one of them, and do it at a friend's house, on his computer (don't use yours).

Install AVG, or Avast, also run Spybot S&D. Install a firewall, and look at every application that attempts to connect to the internet. Only allow things that you explicitly want to access the internet (or worse, a local IP).

If you want, install Linux on your computer. With encrypted partitions. Use a strong password, and don't disclose it.

You can win this without playing dirty. You have a right to use the internet, you have a right to privacy. Depending on where you live, those are constitutional rights.

If you want to get your mum on your side again (and this one may be a dirty trick), tell her in private, late one night, that you think you need to go talk to someone because your brother gives you suicidal thoughts. I know, risky, and hardcore, but it could get your brother into heaps of ****.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Just pour water onto his computer, it fries, problem solved.