What I'd like to see is a Notification when the phone is locked.
On the image provided, it would be ideal to see HOW MANY Notifications of SMS/Phone/Voicemail/eMail etc has been received and waiting to be read.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dbs11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
I would like to add some ideas, but can't login, i tried this account(forum's) and created garage account, but can't login even to vote.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
make links and pictures visible by default.
There are security and bandwidth cost implications to this, and I certainly believe it should be an opt-*in* option.

Scenarios:
  • There's somebody at work I have a major disagreement with. I get a PAYG SIM, pop it in a disposable phone, and send them a text that contains a link to a graphic on a website. If I do this late at night, I probably have their home IP address as soon as they download the files that are listed. What I can do once I have that is an exercise for the reader :-*, and that's assuming that the links weren't pointed at something unpleasant to begin with.
  • I am travelling internationally, and taking texts and calls. A friend sends me a text with links to the full resolution holiday pics he's just posted on the website. The 12Mp images are pulled down at $1.50/Mb...

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
alan_peery
marginal at best.

the afore mentioned problem isn't really anything normal folks will worry about.
roaming connections would work the same way with this extension as with anything else that uses data online.

just helps for the 99.99999% of times you get things and would integrate picture messaging nicely with the current ui

ps, whats so bad about getting the ip?
my o2 ip address is currently 82.132.136.188
having an ip address gives you what exactly?

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
I don't know if this has been discussed or if I am just doing something wrong.

In SMS/Texting App if you have the keybord open. How to you mark words or lines

I would have expected a double tab on the word to mark it.

If you have the keyboard closed it works. When close you can also mark text by just move over text you want to mark and then can copy past.

No such thing with open keyboard (I did not find it, at least)

I never owned a iPhone and have played with a I phone for only about 5 min in my life so don't get me wrong.

But this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHT6DHRc80k seems to be a good way to cut and paste. I would love Nokia would cut and paste this functionality.

Do I need to add a solution for this?

Regards Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
Is there a way to use the numeric keypad to type SMSs?
Vote for the "Provide a 3x4 dialpad with T9 style text entry" solution, in a different brainstorm:
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...ne_experience/

Originally Posted by marktold View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed or if I am just doing something wrong.

In SMS/Texting App if you have the keybord open. How to you mark words or lines
You have to tap to move the cursor to the start, hold shift and use arrows to reach the end. CtrlC for Copy etc

Originally Posted by jonshipman View Post
I had an idea/request. How about figuring out a way to connect a laptop/computer to the N900 and send and receive SMS. It'd require a desktop app as well.
Can the N900 not function as a VNC server so you can type on a full keyboard, but the text is sent to the N900? I'm sure I've seen people running N900 as vnc servers so they can record YouTube vids of e.g. cracking wireless networks..

I hope sms can be posted into the calendar as an event, meeting or appointment, etc...

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Is anybody working in Solution #10 (Create custom folders)?
Any known workaround for it?
Cheers,