Originally Posted by Banner
Thanks! I couldn't find a larger image myself, I appreciate it.
You're welcome! Hope it helped.

I am still waiting for the eleksen bluetooth fabric keyboard to come out

http://www.eleksen.com/index.asp?pag...keyboard_2.asp

that freedom keyboad is pretty neat, going to have to get one

Note that the Freedom Mini does not work out of the box. You have to remap keys which requires root and a bit of mucking around.

Originally Posted by Fifer
Note that the Freedom Mini does not work out of the box. You have to remap keys which requires root and a bit of mucking around.
I don't know why yours has to do that. For me, it worked straight out of the box.

Originally Posted by kutibah
I don't know why yours has to do that. For me, it worked straight out of the box.
That's weird. I bought mine ages ago and any attempt to use the 'Num' key generated a series of odd characters. I set it aside, intending to remap it when I figured out what needed doing but never got round to it. All I've done differently since then is updated to the new firmware. I tried the keyboard when I read your response and it works perfectly. I'm confused, but happy ...

I have been using a "FrogPad" bluetooth keyboard (www.frogpad.com) right out of the box-

It works quite well - albeit a one-handed keyboard. A one-handed keyboard allows me to hold the 770 in one hand and type with the other hand. At a coffee shop I am able to place the frogpad on my lap and keep the 770 in my left hand (and held closer to my eyes). Also, this allows me to avoid attracting the attention of others...

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by Fifer
That's weird. I bought mine ages ago and any attempt to use the 'Num' key generated a series of odd characters. I set it aside, intending to remap it when I figured out what needed doing but never got round to it. All I've done differently since then is updated to the new firmware. I tried the keyboard when I read your response and it works perfectly. I'm confused, but happy ...
Yes, That occurs only when writing into a text box such as this. But for GAIM, NotePad, URL Bar, and most other text boxes it's fine.

Ah, so nothing has changed for me, I've just entered text in a different entry point. Why should/does the keyboard react differently on bulletin board text fields and is there a fix?

Originally Posted by TCM
I have been using a "FrogPad" bluetooth keyboard (www.frogpad.com) right out of the box-

It works quite well - albeit a one-handed keyboard. A one-handed keyboard allows me to hold the 770 in one hand and type with the other hand. At a coffee shop I am able to place the frogpad on my lap and keep the 770 in my left hand (and held closer to my eyes). Also, this allows me to avoid attracting the attention of others...

Hope that helps.
I'm biased (I work with frogpad) but it was my experience with frogpad + 770 that made me pursue working with the company. It is a very nice combination once you go up the frogpad learning curve.

The frogpad + 770 is a pocketable package that is a little thick but comparable to the smallest notebooks. When you use it, it is better than a notebook because your keyboard and screen are not physically tied together. You don't have to be cramped trying to keep a tiny screen aligned in sight while pecking at an oddly placed tiny keyboard.

You hold the 770 in your hand or set it on its cradle and you put the keyboard wherever you want and type away.

I like it so much I'm talking to the CEO to get some custom cases built that would hold a frogpad and a Nokia 770 together and slip in your pocket.
David