Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Brisbane, Australia
This post is to dicksonleong8

It's fair to say that I use Tweetian daily, and am very happy with it as a Twitter client. The version I'm using, which I understand is the latest available is 1.7.0

Twitter have now disabled their API v1, and this now prevents Tweetian from working. No more tweets :'(

https://dev.twitter.com/blog/api-v1-is-retired

Looking at the Tweetian change log on Github I see that dicksonleong8 seems to have added support for the current Twitter API v1.1 back in February, and that a version bump to 1.8.1 also happened.

https://github.com/dicksonleong/Tweetian/commits/master

When will this version, which will work post API v1 being shut down be available? How do I get my hands on it?

I'd like to get back to my daily Tweetian enjoyment

The Following User Says Thank You to dante_j For This Useful Post:
oh..no wonder..

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Brisbane, Australia
Ok, after a bit more reading, including of this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89285&page=25

it seems My N9 is suffering from an issue where it's not alerting me to updates of software from the Ovi store when available...

It turned out that I couldn't update from Tweetian 1.7.0 to the current version.

I did however successfully uninstall it, and install afresh the current version - 1.8.1

dicksonleong8 thank you very much for a great little application! It is my favourite twitter client on most any platform! My apologies for my misunderstandings.

Two things this event has taught me; check the status of updates at the command line from time to time & Tweetian is a brilliant app that I have become very fond of.

The Following User Says Thank You to dante_j For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Yep, it works fine with the new API, at least we now have one working Twitter client.

Since even TwimGo (default in Nemo) stopped working, is there any Nemo port of Tweetian?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
I have installed Tweetian 1.8.1 ! .. ok, i try remove it and install back .. grr

Edit: ok, step 1 done. 3G-fix uninstalled before. Remove and install back Tweetian 1.8.1. Working!
step 2; install 3G-fix, restart - Tweetian working.

I do not understand. I don't know, why Tweetian (right version!) was broken after first 3G-fix apply.

Last edited by Kaacz; 2013-06-12 at 10:12.

not sure why Store didn't label 1,8,1 as updated version compared to v1.7.0..

anyway, u pdated tweetian and works great

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Serbia
Seeing whole conversation would be nice feature to have...

Originally Posted by saleki View Post
Seeing whole conversation would be nice feature to have...
Came here to say that. tweetian is pretty awesome, to me - much more appealing than qneptunea. It will be perfect if they add the whole conversation feature and alers on the billboard

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Is this project abandoned?
The back-port of this to Freemantle seems to be much more lively, specifically, the thread relating to that back-port seems more lively.

*EDIT*
Actually the OP here seems to have been updated very recently, so I guess it's well & truly alive.
There just doesn't seem to be much "to & fro" in the thread, I guess everyone has no qualms, sees no bugs, or has no feature requests etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-07-09 at 04:06.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 417 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Malaysia
Regrading the conversation not working anymore, I can't do anything else, the old conversation API has been stop working together with the retirement of Twitter API 1.0 (early June). For the new conversation API, they have restrict it for only used by their authorized (official) apps. Anyway, Twitter never have plan for making the conversation API for public use anyway.

I will still continue support Tweetian, but passively. That's means only critical update but no new features. This is because Tweetian is powered by JavaScript backend which making it very hard to maintain. A complete rewrite the backend in C++ wil require too much effort. Another reason is the Twitter API becoming more strict which discourage me to continue developing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dicksonleong8 For This Useful Post: