hey all, i hope everybody is doing swell.

i am not sure if anybody else has heard of a new mobile company offering unlimited talk text web for 60 a month plus they offer 3g. the company is called simple mobile, and what separates them from metropcs and or cricket is that they provide a SIM car as opposed to service being built into phone.

now my question is, will their 3g work with our n900?

i do not have any issue with at&t service, butr as you know the n900 does not support their 3g, plus i would not mind saving 60$ per month.

thank you in advance

Their FAQ[1] states that 3G requires a phone that supports the 1700/2100 AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) band. The Nokia N900 appears to work with that band per [2].

[1] http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-FAQs.aspx
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance...Services#Nokia

Simple Mobile uses the same frequency bands as T-Mobile (1700/2100 MHz), which means our N900 WILL get 3g speeds.

But... there are some drawbacks. I know T-Mobile has some amazing 3g speeds. Doubt simple mobile will match it.

There a few other things as well... read some reviews, then decide.

Another thing to check is the amount of data usage you are allocated per month.

cyeung,

thank you for the links.

moda,

it is 1000mb per month

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
cyeung,

thank you for the links.

moda,

it is 1000mb per month
damn thats next to nothing . . . . looks like no tethering with simple mobile

to whom it may concern,

there have been ramblings that simple has dropped their data cap and they are only targeting "abusive" users.

i may have to call simple and confirm

will keep those whom are interested, posted.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
ill ask my buddy. he is one of the owners of simple mobile.

btw, SM has access to the same network abilities that you would have with a tmo sim.

ATT blew it and Tmo pushed them away and they had over 100,000 sims already presold...then after tmo waited and lost a lot of thier business to the likes of metro pcs and boost and cricket, becausde they thought thier flexpay was it...SM got a call asking if they were ready.

they have a great contract withmthem.

Last edited by ceroberts75; 2010-10-18 at 00:27.

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
ill ask my buddy. he is one of the owners of simple mobile.

btw, SM has access to the same network abilities that you would have with a tmo sim.

ATT blew it and Tmo pushed them away and they had over 100,000 sims already presold...then after tmo waited and lost a lot of thier business to the likes of metro pcs and boost and cricket, becausde they thought thier flexpay was it...SM got a call asking if they were ready.

they have a great contract withmthem.
ceroberts,

thank you for the exclusive information.

SM seems to be a good alternative to AT&T especially since i have confirmed that they have strong coverage in my area.

if tmobile and sm are they same, if i have signa; deficiencies in my home with tmobile, will those deficiencies still exist with sm?

thanks in advance

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
if tmobile and sm are they same, if i have signa; deficiencies in my home with tmobile, will those deficiencies still exist with sm?
Yes. Simple Mobile is an MVNO on T-Mobile's network. T-Mobile's coverage area is Simple Mobile's coverage area. And unless I'm reading Simple Mobile's site wrong, they have no roaming agreements, so if you leave T-Mobile's coverage area, you get nothing at all.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
yes. coverage would be the same.

i cannot speak confidently about having access to the hspa+, but they are supposed to have everygthing as if you had tmo...only green.

i sent him a message. ill wait for a response. i havent actually talked to him since i last saw him in april...but i know he was swamped...both time and beer! lol