Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by ikkysleepy View Post
So you want to see the Movie Album Art in the Gallery? Currently it's being saved here:

/home/user/popflix/cache/

I don't see the albums in my gallery on both my phones. Does anyone else have this issue?
Hmmm strange, all thumbs are shown in my gallery.
Quite annoying but if you say I'm the only one, would like to know the solution

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by wout.martens
Thanks for the update, could you hide the album art in the gallery in future release?
So you want to see the Movie Album Art in the Gallery? Currently it's being saved here:

/home/user/popflix/cache/

I don't see the albums in my gallery on both my phones. Does anyone else have this issue?
No problem here. I don't see them either.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Hmmm strange, all thumbs are shown in my gallery.
Quite annoying but if you say I'm the only one, would like to know the solution
If you delete the images, do they come back when you launch the app? Are you on PR 1.2? or PR 1.3?

Yeah, I think it's pretty annoying to see the thumbs in the gallery, which is why i'm saving them outside the MyDocs folder so they wouldn't be included in the gallery.

I could have an option to store the images in the /tmp folder, but the only problem with this is that when you reboot all the thumbs would be cleared.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Keeps on indexing the thumbs in my gallery so dont know whats wrong here...

Have updated to latest version but disnt solve the issue.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Keeps on indexing the thumbs in my gallery so dont know whats wrong here...

Have updated to latest version but disnt solve the issue.
Take the filename from gallery and in terminal do "find /home/user/ | grep FILE_NAME" or "find /home/user/ -name FILE_NAME" to find where it really is coming from; could be in multiple locations hence the indexing...

Ho, ho, ho. There has been some sort of modification to YouTube, which is creating playback problems with Pop Flix. The same issue impacted Harmattan CuteTube, by Marxian, which required a small update.

Is there anytime for a quick holiday update of Pop Flix??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 130 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Ho, ho, ho. There has been some sort of modification to YouTube, which is creating playback problems with Pop Flix. The same issue impacted Harmattan CuteTube, by Marxian, which required a small update.

Is there anytime for a quick holiday update of Pop Flix??
Yeah, if I can figure it out. It looks like videos are being forbidden or the connection ends unexpectedly. I don't know if YouTube is cracking down but they blocked my sever IP while testing.

Interesting though, going to the web browser does play the video. So with that being said, I can push a build out that does either of the following:

1. 1. Play Button opens YouTube link on browser
  2. 2. Play Button attempts to Play Movie, if it fails it alerts you of the error and allows you to open the YouTube link on browser.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikkysleepy For This Useful Post:
I'm anxiously waiting for a fix. I hope it can be fixed to play trailers inside the app instead of being kicked out to a browser.

If the browser solution is the only way will it require flashplayer to play? If it does this means having to set the default browser to Firefox which is not the preferred choice of many users.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ikkysleepy,

Maybe you want to have a word with marxian? He has got his cuteTube apps for n9 & n900 working just 2-3 days ago with the new YouTube authentication methods...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Yeah, if I can figure it out. It looks like videos are being forbidden or the connection ends unexpectedly. I don't know if YouTube is cracking down but they blocked my sever IP while testing.

Interesting though, going to the web browser does play the video. So with that being said, I can push a build out that does either of the following:

1. 1. Play Button opens YouTube link on browser
  2. 2. Play Button attempts to Play Movie, if it fails it alerts you of the error and allows you to open the YouTube link on browser.
I like either option for an update, thanks! I suppose that the current playback approach is so likely to fail (few attempts work) that it might make sense to go directly to the YouTube video--perhaps it's most important to select a video link that doesn't have a commercial attached.

I really think that there may be a workaround to this latest YouTube issue--the link to Marxian's N9 CuteTube post, which had a similar issue, is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75197

his profile link for direct message is there, if you think it might be any help. Thanks again!