Notices

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 535 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Karlsruhe, Germany
1.2 RC 2 (1.1.95) is currently imported into extras-devels and should appear soon. In comparison to RC 1 there are fixes for memory leaks (see the posts above) and another performance improvement that makes the overview map (and some other parts) faster. See here for the full changelog. Unfortunately I couldn't test this version myself as my N900 is still being repaired.

There are only 9 days left to file contributions for our Voice of Marble contest. This is a nice chance for everybody to contribute (and win a cool T-shirt...). I'm looking forward to get more speaker files!

Marble 1.2.0 will be tagged on 2011-07-20. If we don't find any serious bugs until that time, I'll promote this version to extras-testing such that the delay between the final release (2011-07-27) and the release in extras is short.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
will Marble 1.2 have the new icons?

I asked the oxygen guys (who do the default artwork for KDE) for new icons, but there are no signs yet that someone is working on them. So my guess is that there won't be icon updates in time for the release.

The Following User Says Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Hey everyone, this is a final call for contributions to our Voice of Marble contest which ends in just 4 days on 2011-07-15. All contributions will be made available for download to be used in Marble or TomTom navigation devices. We have detailed instructions in the wiki. Thanks in advance to everyone contributing (and those who already filed a speaker file). I'd really like to see more contributions, especially female and non-english speakers!

While the final 1.2.0 release is nearly out of the door and we are not aware of any serious bugs right now, our focus shifts towards development of the next version. This is a good chance for you to file any wishes you may have for future Marble features. Please use our bugtracker and set the severity to wishlist to do so.

One of the major work areas right now is a Qt-components based version of Marble targeted at MeeGo running on the N900. Later versions with support for other devices are planned as well. We have a GSOC student, Daniel, working on the MeeGo version right now. There are no packages for the N900 yet (Marble is packaged for MeeGo, but only the desktop version), but I can put together a guide how to set it up on a Desktop system if someone is interested in trying a very early version and giving feedback to help shape it up.

I convinced 2 polish female speakers (different age) to participate - but, unfortunately, I discovered Marble request too late and I'm completely sure that we won't be able to finish it before deadline. Would it be possible to ship such a voices after, with a chance of including in further (not first with voices) versions?

I suppose (I would be happy if I'm wrong) that Marble won't have female/male pairs of voices for every common language before deadline, so it's adding new languages/voice types in later versions?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

It will be possible to submit files after the contest. All files are collected on a website for download and new contributions will be added as they come in. Still I'd like to get as many speakers by the deadline so that we have a decent collection ready when Marble 1.2 is released.

I'm looking forward to the first polish speakers

We decided to extend the deadline for the Voice of Marble contest by five days. Those of you who didn't make it in time (or hear about it just now) can continue to work on their submission until July 20th. Please note that this is a sharp deadline -- the packaging will start soon after, so we can't extend it any further. I'm looking forward to more contributions

From https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12260

--- Comment #5 from Tuomas Kulve <tuomas@kulve.fi> 2011-07-19 10:42:33 EEST ---
Ogg-support 1.1.1 in extras-testing depends now on the newest version of gst-av
from Felipe.

Please re-test and provide the feedback here:

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...support/1.1.1/

My N900 is stil being repaired, so I can't test that myself. If someone upgrades to ogg-support 1.1.1 and voice navigation works in Marble, please leave feedback here, in the bug report or the link above. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to earthwings For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@earthwings,

I just upgraded ogg-support to 1.1.1 and can confirm(*) that voice navigation works fine.

[* I just went out to the garden, set-up a route and got the first voice instruction from my bayrisches mädel , but didn't actually follow it, so I can only confirm that at least the first voice instruction works OK :]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
OK. Just read the bug report and it seems the problem is only for short clips (< 1s).

The one I heard (TurnRight) is, according to the media player, 2s long.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
marble, nokia n900