Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
yea i was like "what?" today when i wanted to go to the airport and actually had to use the stock player :P

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
see http://katastrophos.net/quasarmx/ to download a new version while Store is being updated
Surprisingly I was using it this morning without problem, but probably because I did not close the program for a while!

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
see http://katastrophos.net/quasarmx/ to download a new version while Store is being updated
Surprisingly I was using it this morning without problem, but probably because I did not close the program for a while!
That's the version that expires on me, unless if reinstalled the 'expire counter' is reset. Is it?

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I just had the update in the store

Thats the beta 3 as well, it should suffice for another 15 days before the new version comes out

N9 64gb black

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
I just had the update in the store
I didn't get the notice. Apparently the store doesn't see the difference between builds.

I have only one suggestion.

It is a great app, however I use the music player alot when Im working out. I have an arm holster... and while the swipe gesture is amazing in everything else... when it comes to jogging that whole thing SUCKS !!!
Its a bit difficult to change songs when you are having to jog and try to swipe fingers across the screen. So my thought was this and while it may not be possible I still want to throw it out there...

Is it possible for the Music player to have an option where instead of having the time on the lock screen it has an option that is live the whole time ( maybe a setting called workout mode) that lets you skip, pause, play, and go back... and have it as a horizontal selection ( skip fwd is on the bottom of screen, pause maybe at the right, play on the left, and back on the top. Pretty much to sum up all my rambling. If the music player can be in landscape mode and overriding the lock screen while jogging... with big buttons easy to see and touch while working out. If you can create let alone understand my ramblings I would gladly pay for this app. !

other than that... I absolutely love love love the app.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Istanbul,Turkey
Great application but its very difficult to change songs and sorting the songs with lists is missing.I think that would be awesome music player when thoose things been fixed.

Great work

Thanks for a great music app, evilJazz. Lots of features, runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of battery power. There are some areas which it could be improved on to make it an even greater app. I agree with lalomartin's suggestion on the lockscreen controls so you don't have to unlock the phone to do so. I also like lastmilefire's suggestion on a "workout" mode as I intend to use my N9 while running. The large buttons could actually be usable as well for a car mode.

Keep up the good work!

Or, this being Meego...

how about instead of/before all these extra control options, you add a simple DBUS interface? Then we can script it for you... I think we'd need:
  • get status (playing/paused, song title, time position)
  • play/pause
  • next
  • previous

bonus if you can do:
  • subscribe or broadcast status change (not time, of course, just play/pause and song change)
  • get album art

The Following User Says Thank You to lalomartins For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx