Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
Ok, good to hear that the JSON API has something at least. I agree, playlists are a bit weird, as they seem to be considered as some virtual directory. Being able to have a playlist of albums instead of tracks seem to complicate things even more.
Also, I still feel web streams shouldn't be such a second class citizen in XBMC, but that is not a discussion for here. However, the result is that it's still implemented in a strange way. I have put my web radio stuff under ~/.xbmc/userdata/playlists/music/Webradio to be able to discern them; there seems to be no other way.

I mostly only use smart playlist as they filter my music collection so I can play some random music based on moods (energetic, chillout/relax, etc.). I find that managing normal playlists is a lot of work, even more so with a mobile device.
But! A nice use case for Xbmcremote is if you have visitors over and party mode playing. It would be awesome if you could use Xbmcremote to queue up some specific track or album. It's a feature I have seen many iPhone/iTunes users use for years already.

Last edited by paulvt; 2012-08-31 at 11:00.

Hi everybody,

because the current way of handling translations via email was a bit cumbersome, we decided to give transifex a go. If you are a translator of xbmcremote or want to become one, create an account at transifex and jump on the translation files:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmcremote/

Even if there is already a translator for your language, you can still join the team and proof-read or help with difficult words.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Anyone else having problem with tap n hold on a video file? If I tap and hold on video in a middle of a list in Movies, the outcome is blank space and buttons for Download, etc.. are hidden below it and I cant scroll up either.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Anyone else having problem with tap n hold on a video file? If I tap and hold on video in a middle of a list in Movies, the outcome is blank space and buttons for Download, etc.. are hidden below it and I cant scroll up either.
Thanks for the report. I just released a minor bugfix release which should fix this and a few other things. Should appear on your device in a few days.

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-09-18 at 12:42.

Has anybody an idea why the episodes are not show up on my xbmcremote on the N9? I can browse to the show and its seasons,

If I access the webinterface I can see all episodes and play them.

Originally Posted by DragoslaV View Post
Has anybody an idea why the episodes are not show up on my xbmcremote on the N9? I can browse to the show and its seasons,

If I access the webinterface I can see all episodes and play them.
Which version of xbmc are you using?

I'm using a Raspberry Pi with Raspbmc (RC4) and I tried searching for the version but I can't find it (its not even shown in the system information).

I guess its the version.. From what version of xbmc should this feature work?

If your installation is build from git master of xbmc, you might already have the protocol changes which break xbmcremote.

It should work with the current stable release, Eden (version 11)

EDIT: You could also compile xbmcremotes git master which is already fixed to work with pre-Frodo (version 12).

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-09-26 at 11:32.

Thanks alot for the fix!! I will compile it as soon as I can, because I really like this feature.

Hi there

I have a small feature request. Not sure if possible, but could you add an option to take a screenshot of xbmc? Since I don't have a keyboard hooked on my htpc I would like to take screenshots from remote.

thanks,