Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
Originally Posted by kinuvas View Post
Bought my white 64gb N9 from CTINYC.com for $540 USD today. It shipped and FEDEx tracking says it should arrive by next Wednesday.
By the way! Did you got it? were was it manufactured? china? show pics if possible

Originally Posted by caa View Post
Hi All,

Just an update, Purelygadgets have delivered the White N9 without any issues.

This is a 'made in Finland' device.

They are currently selling at £379 on their website but unfortunately now showing 'out of stock' .

However, I noticed it seems to drift in and out of stock, so you could keep an eye on their site if you are still in the market for one.

Thanks
Hi CAA. Thanks for the update.

I was royally messed around by SimpleElectronics. The connection between purelygadgets and simplyelectronics is well documented on the web so i would still be carefull about handing over your money to them. However im glad that you got your white N9.

Luckily i paid via Paypal and when i complained direct to Paypal i got a refund a few days later on the 29th Feb.

See below my complaint to paypal.. Keep away from simply electronics. I think i was one of the lucky ones.

----------------

Simply Electronics has failed to deliver a White Nokia N9 after claiming to have it in stock at time of purchase. This can be classed as fraudulent has they have obtained money from paypal account by advertising that they have goods which do not have in stock. Since then they have failed to refund my money as requested. I only agreed to purchase this item from them because the seller appeared to be verified seller on their internet site. I took this as an endorsement from PayPal about this seller.

Chronological email log:

5th Feb 2012 - I ordered a White Nokia N9 from SimplyElectronics on the 5th Feb. When ordering this item from their web site that claimed to have it in stock and would dispatch the item within 3 working days.

9th Feb 2012 – After 3 working days I did not receive a dispatch notice so I emailed SimplyElectronics to enquire when I should expect the item I ordered.

14th Feb 2012 – I received a direct response to my email dated 9th Feb: “Thank you for your email. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the delays. After checking your order, we wish to inform you that due to a sudden large influx of daily sales generated by our latest promotions, our dispatch times have been slightly affected and thus resulting in unfortunate delays. While we do understand that this is unacceptable, we humbly seek your patience and understanding as we are making efforts to improve our services to our valued clients. Upon receiving your email, we have looked into your order and we are happy to inform you that it is being taken care of accordingly. We anticipate that a dispatch can be made anytime soon. You should receive a tracking number from us via email once your package has been dispatched and this would allow you to track the progress of your delivery. Also, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails at this time, together with an increase in our sales volume and are therefore not able to answer all emails /calls as effectively as we would like at this moment. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We apologise for the inconveniences.”

17th Feb 2012 – After 10 working days I still haven’t received a dispatch notice so I emailed SimplyElectronics again asking when I should expect the item I ordered and threatened to cancel my order and demand a refund.

17th Feb 2012 – I received a direct response to my email dated 17th Feb from SimplyElectronics stating that “Upon packing your order, we had discovered that our shipment of Nokia N9 64GB (White) Sim Free / Unlocked was damaged, and therefore had to be returned. Unfortunately, the replacements are not expected to arrive within any short period of time. We apologise for any inconveniences caused, however in this unfortunate event, we would like to ask if there are any other similarly priced products listed on our site that may be suitable as a replacement (For EX: Nokia N9 64GB (Black) Sim Free / Unlocked)? Should the price be slightly higher, we can perhaps waive this as a gesture of goodwill (please note we can only do this usually for minor differences). Likewise, if the price is lower, we can have this reimbursed to your account. Kindly let us know by reply and we will do our best to expedite this for you. Otherwise, kindly advise on how we should proceed. Looking forward to your response, thank you.”

18th Feb 2012 – I emailed SimplyElectronics stating that I wish to claim a full refund of £485.95 for the undelivered item.

21st Feb 2012 - I received a direct response to my email dated 18th Feb from SimplyElectronics stating that “ We are sorry to hear that you wish to cancel the order, but we do respect your decision. I have forwarded your cancellation request to the appropriate department. Once they have processed the cancellation, the refund will be processed by our Accounting Department as soon as possible. Once this is completed, an email notification will be sent. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.”

24th Feb 2012 I emailed SimplyElectronics again stating that I wish to claim a full refund of £485.95 immediately stating that I believe this to be fraud. No direct response as yet…..

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
SimplyElectronics has a looooooong history of such shenanigans, I wouldn't trust them with money needed for a fluffy unicorn toy, let alone the real unicorn N9. As I said when someone @ MNB linked their 'offer':

Jay, delete this one. Simplyelectronics.net is a well-known scam site…

They often list things that they either don’t have or at prices that are unreal, and once you shell-out money they are trying to convince you to get you something else for the money you gave them. Plenty of people have given up on reclaiming their money after months of struggle…

The interwebs are flooded with people that got burned by them…
Yours is not half the horror story like the ones I've read...

Originally Posted by ShinAkuma View Post
By the way! Did you got it? were was it manufactured? china? show pics if possible
I did receive it. Its made in Finland. The vendor had it to me in 4 working days. They even called me right after I ordered to verify my shipping address.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinuvas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by caa View Post
Hi All,

Just an update, Purelygadgets have delivered the White N9 without any issues.

This is a 'made in Finland' device.

They are currently selling at £379 on their website but unfortunately now showing 'out of stock' .

However, I noticed it seems to drift in and out of stock, so you could keep an eye on their site if you are still in the market for one.

Thanks
Hey caa,

Can I ask what power adapter came with your white N9 - is it a UK plug, or a foreign plug with a UK adapter? And were the accessories all you were expecting?

I only ask 'cos I ordered my N900 from purelygadgets.co.uk back in August 2010, and not only did it take a week longer to arrive than they said it would (thus ruining my summer holiday that I'd planned to take it on!) but it also came with what looks like a Japanese or Hong Kong plug coupled with a UK adapter, which I thought was a bit weird, considering the device was available in the UK. See pic here: http://bit.ly/zfC8Fw

Also it didn't come with UK accessories, like those mini-adapters for old Nokia plugs.

I emailed purelygadget a few times about these things, and they fobbed me off, saying "we HOPE to deliver within 2-5 days but..." and "with regards to the box contents, items may differ depending on the suppliers..."

I've emailed them just last week again about their white N9s (this thread has only just now reminded me that I had a bad experience with them last time with my N900), asking whether the N9 would be a Finland version or China.

They replied firstly, "We are unable to guarantee origin would be from Finland. We can only confirm that all stock in hand is for the UK and EU market".

Which kinda sounds like they don't know what they're talking about, there is no "UK market".

Upon further badgering from me, they said "Please note that all of our products are fully UK specification with English manuals and UK plugs. We source them directly from where they are manufactured for the UK market", which kinda worries me that the customer service people are nowhere near where the stock is.

Conversely, when I rang Handtec.co.uk about their 'opened box' Black N9 64GB, the guy was able to go out the back, get it, and tell me exactly where it was made (Finland).

However, I can get £30 cashback if order through purelygadgets via quidco, so if you say all is good with them, I might go with them.

Ta

@FishesWillLaugh,

I can answer those questions for you as I purchased my White N9 through purelygadgets also.

I asked the same question about product region before purchasing and they couldn't tell me either, but it did turn out to be Made in Finland(anyway, don't forget you always have the 14 days distance selling regulations to fall back on if it arrives Made in China and that isn't what you want).

It comes with Euro plug, as you would expect with UK not being an official release country for the N9. No adaptor was supplied unlike Handtec where I had bought and had to return my previous two N9's from(both had faults). Not a problem for me as I continue using my E7 plug. The accessories are all in there though(headset, USB charge cable and Euro plug) and the box was unopened with the Nokia seal unbroken. Speaking of which, strangely neither of the N9's I purchased from Handtec came with the Nokia seal, the sticker simply wasn't there(didn't think anything of it until I received this one with the seal in place), both were new phones.

By the way I did check Nokia's own warrenty checker for the UK to be sure, and yes the phone checked in as covered

I actually found purelygadgets very good, it wasn't an instant despatch but it was received within I think 4 days from order so not as bad as some of the reviews I had read.

[EDIT]Oh, and quidco tracked at £7.18 for me, don't forget that 2% is without VAT, unless you've managed to get a better rate somehow.

Good luck

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-03-13 at 19:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FishesWillLaugh View Post
Hey caa,

Can I ask what power adapter came with your white N9 - is it a UK plug, or a foreign plug with a UK adapter? And were the accessories all you were expecting?
The product code is 059M5R3 which apparently corresponds to 'North Europe'.

As Tetlee says, it has the EU charger, but I'm not using that, I'm using an older charger, although you can buy the AC-16X (UK version of the new white charger) if you look around.

(they don't include a European-to-UK adapter)

The other accessories included with the white N9 are the earphones, usb cable (which connects to charger), and the black leather pouch, but I don't use any of those sorry.

Again, as Tetlee said, It is unlikely that you'd get a UK-specific version of this particular device given that the N9 wasn't released for this country, and the white N9 is supposed to be even more limited. 'North Europe' is probably the closest available match.

The Following User Says Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Just bought one from mobi-city.co.uk, the guy there emailed me this morning to say they just received stock (black and white), so i ordered straight away and was showing as shipped not long after. Happy days!!

£379.99 for anyone intrested
http://www.mobi-city.co.uk/nokia-n9-64gb-uk.html

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Just bought one from mobi-city.co.uk, the guy there emailed me this morning to say they just received stock (black and white), so i ordered straight away and was showing as shipped not long after. Happy days!!

£379.99 for anyone intrested
http://www.mobi-city.co.uk/nokia-n9-64gb-uk.html
When you get it, can you post what variant these white n9 are and are they Made in Finland?

Thanks

Last edited by Guyver; 2012-03-17 at 03:09.

Originally Posted by kinuvas View Post
I did receive it. Its made in Finland. The vendor had it to me in 4 working days. They even called me right after I ordered to verify my shipping address.
Could you tell me please which market the N9 you bought from CTINYC was made for (or just the product code found on the SIM tray)? Was there some warranty certificate or warranty form in the box?

Also, does someone know which variants/product codes are sold by any of the following US shops (white 64GB, black 16/64GB):
Welectronics
CTINYC
ATGSM
NegriElectronics
(or any other good US shop)

Thank you in advance!

Tags
dinosaur bones, much ado, unicorn