Active Topics

Thank you e-yes! ICS sounds extremely promising on Nokia N9! The whole NITDroid project is amazing, but I have one question.

What happened to the NITDroid web site? It hasn't been loading for days.

Looking forward to further progress! Thanks for your hardwork!

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by Hauzer View Post
Thank you e-yes! ICS sounds extremely promising on Nokia N9! The whole NITDroid project is amazing, but I have one question.

What happened to the NITDroid web site? It hasn't been loading for days.
It's unclear to me too.
Site is not operated by me, all questions should be addressed to @dmonsterprod (aka dj_steve).

made a small donation

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
e-yes, excuse me for disturbing you with these questions. Are you only working on kernel side of Nitdroid for N9 or is there any improvement that could also benefit N900 version on your TODO list? Is anyone else cooperating with you?

Also, not to be a jerk, but is there a reason why your git accounts don't have the N9 stuff shown?

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
>e-yes, excuse me for disturbing you with these questions.
It's okay

>Are you only working on kernel side of Nitdroid for N9 or is there any improvement that could also benefit N900 version on your TODO list? Is anyone else cooperating with you?
I'm working on 3 parts: bootmenu/bootloader, kernel and android "userland". Some (but not all) tweaks for "userland" may be useful not only for n9 but for n900 as well.
I'm working on 3D/framebuffer drivers for N9 now. It gives me experience that may be applied on n900 later (I doubt 3d drivers for n900 are up to date).

Little status information: kernel driver is compiled (omaplfb+pvrsrvkm), may be loaded, and even some tests are succeeded. However, still nothing on screen ... trying trying trying.

>Also, not to be a jerk, but is there a reason why your git accounts don't have the N9 stuff shown?
I'd blame lack of time and r&d quality of code
Seriously, I'll spent some time on weekend to post more info for devs.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Same problem I was having... no display though it doesn't fail to load.. does your /dev/graphics/fb0 driver support double-buffering/panning? And have you tried starting up another framebuffer and displaying off-device to see if it's OK.... (hey... why the hell haven't i tried running another x-display in harmmy to vnc into:P)

So, I just won an N9 in a competition. I can see the app market place is very limited, but I can also see the hardware and phone is very good. I currently have an HTC Desire running Cyanogenmod, but the phone is very limited on resources, so I find it frustrating.

My ideal would be to have Android on the N9 so that I could have the best of both worlds. So, my question is - should I sell the N9 and look to buy another android phone (Galaxy S2?) or wait for Android to run on the N9 I already have?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by x3ja View Post
So, I just won an N9 in a competition. I can see the app market place is very limited, but I can also see the hardware and phone is very good. I currently have an HTC Desire running Cyanogenmod, but the phone is very limited on resources, so I find it frustrating.

My ideal would be to have Android on the N9 so that I could have the best of both worlds. So, my question is - should I sell the N9 and look to buy another android phone (Galaxy S2?) or wait for Android to run on the N9 I already have?
Don't hijack this thread plz, start a dedicated one here:
http://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: