Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
It works like this. Ever watch "Who wants to be millionaire". And remember the lifeline you have is to ask the audience for help. And most of the time the audience is right? Right. That is exactly the same here. You give them an array of devices, and the audience by buying (voting with their money) will vote for the best device. Simple as that. And they are right majority of time. So listen to the audience, i.e., the majority, if you want to sell the products. Not to the tiny minority, that happens to be here. Simple as that
if only you would listen to your own advice. You do know that symbian still sells more than WP right? Of course you do. So clearly it's not as simple as that. Maybe, for liking lumias, you are now counting yourself as part of the stupid 90% of people who apparently reside in these forums?

It works like this. Ever watch "Who wants to be millionaire".
Uh, no. Never watch it. More power to you though.

And remember the lifeline you have is to ask the audience for help. And most of the time the audience is right? Right. That is exactly the same here. You give them an array of devices, and the audience by buying (voting with their money) will vote for the best device. Simple as that. And they are right majority of time. So listen to the audience, i.e., the majority, if you want to sell the products. Not to the tiny minority, that happens to be here. Simple as that
So whatever the masses buy is the best product?
Interesting theory I suppose.

Lemme guess, you drive an Accord or Camry, shop at Old Navy and listen to Justin Beiber? And windows was better than NeXTStep, BeOS, etc. because more people bought that too.

I'm beginning pong to understand you quite well. You're a follower.

Don't get too sentimental. If you read carefully you can see many more ugly words hurled at NOKIAs new partner, MS. And don't worry, I will not represent anyone.
Forgive me if I do not see the parallel in somehow insulting Nokias partner MS (who did this?) to specifically calling people here stupid or dumb. Perhaps you do.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Forgive me if I do not see the parallel in somehow insulting Nokias partner MS (who did this?) to specifically calling people here stupid or dumb. Perhaps you do.
read all the posts. Plenty people calling anyone that likes.Lumia devices.stupid. You will be treated the same way you treat others.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
They have tried windows phone with so much support, and even with their own negativity going towards the N9 and meego, it was so incredibly well recieved. SO what if you said youre not going to make anymore types of these meego phones? Would you rather sell out than give a fighting chance to something that could stand its ground with no support? When in fact you attempted to murder it by sayin it was born dead?

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
PS: I work at Nokia in the Developer Relations team, mainly as community manager of http://qt-project.org but also active here. My long term focus is the Next Billion strategy I'm sure you have heard of. What many people here see with antagonism is actually complementary in the Nokia strategy and daily work. I just talked about your passion here to my colleague John Kneeland, who focuses on Lumia and Windows Phone ---> https://twitter.com/#!/SirKneeland Contact him, he can put you on exciting tracks promoting these products and everything behind them.
It must be difficult working for a stagnating company that had three pillars to rebuild upon (Symbian, MeeGo & WP) and a solid shot at being number one again only to have the CEO cut two of those pillars out from under themselves basically losing all that cashflow and betting everything on a unilateral exclusivity agreement for an unproven platform that had less market share than either of the two legs that were cut. Scary ****. So which of the three have you not sent a resume to: Apple, Sammy or HTC?

read all the posts. Plenty people calling anyone that likes.Lumia devices.stupid. You will be treated the same way you treat others.
Let me be explicitly clear: all people who like Lumia and/or WP are NOT stupid.

You, on the other hand, seem to be stupid regardless of what phone you like.

Slow down, that's completely different. You said insulting Nokias partner MS, unless the only people who like lumia devices are MS employees then these are not the same thing. Are you a MS employee?

To be honest I don't remember anybody insulting people who like lumias, I must have missed that.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Mize View Post
Uh, no. Never watch it. More power to you though.

So whatever the masses buy is the best product?
Interesting theory I suppose.

Lemme guess, you drive an Accord or Camry, shop at Old Navy and listen to Justin Beiber? And windows was better than NeXTStep, BeOS, etc. because more people bought that too.

I'm beginning pong to understand you quite well. You're a follower.
Just adding to your point that Adolf Hittler won 3 elections before establishing his dictatorship. So the majority can be very very wrong sometimes

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Just adding to your point that Adolf Hittler won 3 elections before establishing his dictatorship. So the majority can be very very wrong sometimes
but were they wrong or very very right? *tasteless joke*

godwins law is surely right though.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun