Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Do you have kernel-power installed? It used to be a known issue with kernel-power afaik, but I'm not sure if it still is, not using "reboot" over here...
I do have KP52, but I had it before the reflash as well, and it would reboot fine every time (and of course I did have to reboot many times over the months/years )

Also, while I'm here, is it normal for CSSU configuration editor to report some features missing even though my CSSU is up to date (and I have not edited my transitions.ini since reflashing and reinstalling CSSU)?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Also, while I'm here, is it normal for CSSU configuration editor to report some features missing even though my CSSU is up to date (and I have not edited my transitions.ini since reflashing and reinstalling CSSU)?
If you're talking about "CSSU Features" application then I think some of the options are only supported in CSSU-Testing and here we're talking about CSSU-Stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
If it matters, the difference is that this time around (after reflashing) I installed KP52 first, then CSSU. Also, the first attempt to install CSSU did not work - the Community SSU icon did not appear in the applications - but restarting the process got me through the end. Sorry for the piecemeal report.

Last edited by chill; 2013-09-19 at 03:36.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
some questions from a cssu stable user:

-does the Orientation Lock applet in the Status Menu really lock the orientation of the apps? tried to use MicroB with Orientation Lock enabled (lock in landscape), when rotating the phone in Portrait the webpage stays Landscape but MicroB goes in Fullscreen mode (as usually do when page rotate in portrait) so maybe some changes happens anyway due to accelerometer?

Similar behaviour with apps Nelisquare and Tweetian. Orientation Lock in Landscape active -> Apps rotating anyway from Landscape to Portrait

If no Orientation Lock active, those apps rotate in Portrait in a bad way...rotating like 180° instead of 90° and the view is cut.

Solution for Nelisquare is to add the app in the cssu black list (no force rotating) and then set "Portrait" or "Landscape" instead of "Auto" in the Orientation settings of the app

-any plans to add the new features, already tested and working in cssu testing, to the stable version? if no, is it safe to upgrade from stable to testing without flashing?

Thanks for patience

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
-does the Orientation Lock applet in the Status Menu really lock the orientation of the apps? tried to use MicroB with Orientation Lock enabled (lock in landscape), when rotating the phone in Portrait the webpage stays Landscape but MicroB goes in Fullscreen mode (as usually do when page rotate in portrait) so maybe some changes happens anyway due to accelerometer?

Solution for Nelisquare is to add the app in the cssu black list (no force rotating) and then set "Portrait" or "Landscape" instead of "Auto" in the Orientation settings of the app
Yes, it does lock the orientation of most applications, however, it depends on how the application is coded to rotate.
MicroB still rotates and you can use the option in it's settings to switch this off. I believe this is a small bug in stable version of MicroB that is fixed in a later version.

Blacklist and forcedrotation method was designed for testing and not general use, it may cause some applications to do silly things.

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
-any plans to add the new features, already tested and working in cssu testing, to the stable version? if no, is it safe to upgrade from stable to testing without flashing?
Yes and Yes
CSSU-Stable will always be the "stable" CSSU version, nothing will go into stable without it being tested. Hopefully there will be a update shortly.

You can migrate to testing but you can't return to stable without reflashing. Be prepared to report bugs and expect the occasional issue at upgrade time. Not recommended unless you are willing to file bug reports.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Good to know. I will wait for the Stable update then.

is this still supported? because i went from testing to stable as for now my n900 is my primarily phone

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Yes it's still "supported"
You can't go from Testing to Stable without Reflashing

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
thanks for reply i meant i reflashed than installed stable but without emmc flashing so most of my user files are kept.