Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
I'm looking for low bitrate streams for BBC Radio to play while on the move. They've currently got 128Kb/s MP3s linked on the iPlayer FAQ which play fine on wifi/when the 3G signal is good. If the signal drops down then they start to chop up.

There are some Real Audio streams I found that were at 24/32 Kb/s but I can't get these to play on the N900. Plus it looks like these are being turned off soon as the BBC is moving from Real to MP3.

Has anyone found any lower bitrate streams in MP3? For spoken stuff you only really need 24Kb/s.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Thanks very much.

The windows media steam from the bbc all seem to be 128k which is a bit of a pain, but the real stream might be better.

Good links all the same.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.