Why can't you leave thanks in this thread?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
xD and you think the americans were never at the moon, too?
Here is nothing supervisioned by Nokia.
Think logic: how much coverage it gets here? And how much on ALL THE OTHER SITES on the net?
Like engadget and so on which have that story as breaking news in their headlines.
And the newspapers?
How is Nokia supposed to stop them talking about it?
WTF as other sites got to do with it
Nokia pay the bills for this site and can limit discussion on here if they wish.
we have seen before Nokia influence pull certain things and kill discussion on here before, it is not as community run as ppl think b/c when Nokia speaks the people running this site listen.
btw if you've got nothing better to do than trying to make ppl look stupid with sarcastic moon bs you need to get out more.
you know it all so why not explain why a discussion about a Nokia device running harmattan-MeeGo got removed from harmattan forum into off-topic?

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-20 at 12:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Nokia pay the bills for this site and can limit discussion on here if they wish.
we have seen before Nokia influence pull certain things and kill discussion on here before, it is not as community run as ppl think b/c when Nokia speaks the people running this site listen.
btw if you've got nothing better to do than trying to make ppl look stupid with sarcastic moon bs you need to get out more.
you know it all so why not explain why a discussion about a Nokia device running harmattan-MeeGo got removed from harmattan forum into off-topic?
may be because of Hitler ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Satz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Why can't you leave thanks in this thread?
No thanks in Off Topic threads.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I don't see why it was moved to Off Topic. General was okay IMO. I may move it back...

EDIT: moved back.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-08-20 at 14:04.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Don't really know what you two are argueing about but this made me lol.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackdoor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Íf this has USB OTG,
64 GB internal,
good battery,
good camera
then my wife will get herself a n900 for shure...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
1,9 cm, so the N9 is a half cm thinner.
Omg 14mm this device is gonna be EPIC. I hope it won't be illegal in 150 countries...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to automagic68 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Since it is now in general, how do you justify your Nokia-conspiracy?
And to clarify this for the other readers:
This site _IS_NOT_ paid by Nokia.
The servers are.
Paid by Nokia would mean Nokia is paying the admin and the mods and the council to run this site.
That is not the case.

I will offer you something.
What do you think about changing the sponsor?
From now on YOU will pay the bills for the server and you'll get ALL the power Nokia does have at this very moment over this very site.
Would you agree?

The choice that Nokia is paying the bills was made to unify maemo.org and internettablettalk.com (which was the name of this site before, you can still check it out).

Other sites have to do with it this:
At the moment there are 279 members and 923 guests online on talk.maemo.org
currently viewing this thread are 26 members and 20 guests and there are 278 posts in this thread
Only the engadget article does have 399 retweets 343 "like-this" on facebook and 372 comments.
And this is only engadget.
Even real-paper newspapers are writing about the leaked N9.

Why should Nokia care about this thread?

As I said, think logical.

edit: btw. I agree with you that this thread was not right in OffTopic.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I just tweeted that this leak was a very good thing for Nokia. It shows enough that they're moving forward, it doesn't tip their whole hand yet - read: MeeGo wasn't shown off at too early a stage.

I'm not a fan of the form, but I know good hype when I see it.
You meaan the hype like N900 got whan it was released ? Remember even then the blogosphere was ticking with the N900 and the Maemo goodness - till fo course it fizzled.

I am having a hard time in avoiding this gadget - but will steele myself up to avoid this untill the initial hype is over and I can see the rough edges that MeeGo might have on the N9.
In fact now I am more inclined to go with a stable Symbian N8 (love the 12 MP camera - provided it takes shots equiv to good point-and-shoots) and wait for a MeegO Tablet instead - cause the rumoured screen resolution of N9 doesnt look good to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:

Tags
design, nokia n9