Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hi,

I just encountered a very annoying phenomenon: when using microB for accessing t.m.o and trying to login I had no chance to enter my password completely. The point is: my password is a good one and contains characters (a-z, upper and lower case), numbers (0-9) and symbols (some of the usual ones .,%-+() ). But regardless what I'm trying, I can't enter my password the regular way. The only way it works is entering it in a note taking app and copy&paste it.

Variant a: using onscreen keyboard
selecting login field 'name' and entering my login name works; after closing the keyboard the field is filled with my name. Then switching to password field opens keyboard again. I have to switch several times between the tabs but within the keyboard the password can be completed. But as soon as I close the keyboard (using the "keyboard down" button or "enter" button) the password is gone and the field is empty. Even closing it via opening the hardware keyboard didn't work.

Variant b: using hardware keyboard
Password field works until I have to enter a symbol which can't be accessed via keyboard. I have to open up the table with special characters and as soon as this one closes down the field is empty again

Somehow this looks like being a thing of javascript and focusing. Opening some sort of virtual keyboard takes the focus from the password field which immediately gets reset to empty.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour? It should be reproducible even with the login name field but I didn't try it yet. I guess this could affect any web based application which makes heavy use of JS and 'intelligent' behaviour.

this happens to me sometimes as well....
but only when i use the onscreen keyboard....while posting anything in websites as well....such as facebook...

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Yes, FB seems to use same kind of focus-related stuff.

I would really appreciate a solution where the virtual keyboard just sits additionally on the desktop and not in top of everything else.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
This does also effect other password fields in the system. I set a root password through passwd and afterwards it was what i entered minus every special char for which you need the "blue arrow".