Notices

Is there any posible way to show actual cycles onscreen (ingame)? Thank you for reply =).

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
@Arnim

Any response from anyone? Seriously it would be great to get some work on this emu, so many games that do work just aren't playable due to screen res issues, mouse etc. Some of these can be fixed with tweaks but would be nice to get a gui with maybe options ore something...

I was thinking of trying to find an old dos text editor and maybe a menu type system. hehehe maybe a load of batch files

Echo on!
Hey Spotfist! got me a new Archos A70S tablet and a little bit of time.

1) Menu: We do have a menu called 'rubybox'! Search the forums for it.

2) Mouse problems: will never be solved perfectly because IBM PCs weren't designed for mouse input. Here's my idea for dealing with them - allow user to toggle between the existing "try to emulate absolute mouse coords" code and a new "touchpad" mode that lets you move mouse by stroking the screen to get relative movement (like a trackpad).

I don't kwow whether i'll be able to code this up or whether someone who understands the mouse code needs to do it though - right now my build environment isn't working yet.

Cheers! Happy New Year!

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
So in case you're wondering, this is what I'm working on...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA

"Proper" Hildon input method support, which brings support for all virtual keyboards (handwriting, finger, stylus), and also the usual hardware keyboard goodies, like proper automatic layout detection, sticky keys, etc. but also the n810's hardware keyboard status bar at the bottom of the screen
this is awesome btw...

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
btw, config file got renamed around, again (this time due to 0.73->0.74 bump).
Just had a look-through your dosbox work - good job / keep it up man!

I just compiled with M-HT's arm-dynrec (with a little help) and it got me from ~3000 to ~4000-5000 cycles!

However it requires editing config.h and some files in src/cpu. This would break the maemo autobuilder, since i haven't figured out how to apply the changes to the ./configure script.

Do you want to do this javispedro? It makes Ultima Underworld playable with adv2xmame scaler (maybe 15 fps @ 1ghz).

cheers!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Do you want to do this javispedro? It makes Ultima Underworld playable with adv2xmame scaler (maybe 15 fps @ 1ghz).
I already did that long ago! You can see the configure script patch in debian/patches/arm-target .

Is this a new version of M-HT's backend? Didn't find a newer one. I'm using the one that was added in 0.73.

On the config file, core=auto (the default) will enable the recompiler only for protected mode applications. Core=dynamic will enable it for both real mode and protected mode applications.

Unfortunately on my tests I never got large speedups; but yesterday on IRC someone did tell to me that at least one (real mode) game works faster in core=dynamic mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
What key combination do I need to use to increase/decrease the number of cycles?

I have the rover.sys file...
I looked around but didn't find the awnser

thnx!

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
What key combination do I need to use to increase/decrease the number of cycles?
It's currently not mapped to anything. You can map it to any combination you'd like using the DOSBox mapper (type "mapper" at the command prompt) _save_ for the volume keys.Those need more logic (I personally don't want to lose the volume keys functionality).

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Javis!

N800 user who just upgraded to 0.74.

Everything looks real good except that fullscreen=true crashes this.

Any advice?

I have:
/home/user/.dosbox/dosbox-0.74.conf
and also
/usr/share/dosbox/dosbox.conf (since I'm using Rubybox)

I'm just a little confused if I'm doing something wrong on this.

Thanks!

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
If someone has 0.74 running in full screen, could you please post your dosbox.conf file for me so I can take a look?

I would be very super thankful.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey Javis!

N800 user who just upgraded to 0.74.

Everything looks real good except that fullscreen=true crashes this.
I've reproduced it -- it also dies when you switch into fullscreen at runtime. No idea at this point why it does not happen on N900 :P

Sadly, I do not think you can fix it via the config file.... you will have to wait until next version.