Notices

Recently upgraded ogg-support and all my music and photos disappeared from the mediaplayer and photo thing.
Solved by deleting the tracker db.
Code:
rm -r ~/.cache/tracker

The Following User Says Thank You to hatt For This Useful Post:
OK, I have installed EDS 0.4 with ogg support included and yesterday I updated ogg from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 rc1 and now I have problems with custom alarm tones. When I choose an song (mp3) for alarm tone clock just crashes - Internal error Aplication Clock Closed - and I can't change it. Only works default tones. And every time when I try to reinstall decoders support it comes with ogg support 1.0.7rc1. Any help please?

Last edited by Dante son of Sparda; 2011-05-11 at 03:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dante son of Sparda For This Useful Post:
Any help or you just reading between the lines?

Look at you this!! And I spamming here...

Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
OK, I have installed EDS 0.4 with ogg support included and yesterday I updated ogg from 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 rc1 and now I have problems with custom alarm tones. When I choose an song (mp3) for alarm tone clock just crashes - Internal error Aplication Clock Closed - and I can't change it. Only works default tones. And every time when I try to reinstall decoders support it comes with ogg support 1.0.7rc1. Any help please?
When I saw your post I was stupid enough to check what are you talking about on my N900 and updated ogg-support. You are right, when you try to select mp3 file for alarm tone it crashes. Luckily I was able to fix the issue.
I downgraded ogg-support from xterminal.
Code:
apt-get install --reinstall ogg-support=1.0.5
After that I got notice that I need to run apt-get autoremove to remove packages gstreamer0.10-av, gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph and tracker-extractor-flac. I removed these packages and everything is normal again.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
King thank you very much, I downgraded ogg support but I should to uninstall these packages manually gstreamer0.10-av and gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph.

And now my Robert Miles - Children works again yeahh

You have Robert Miles, good taste, but I would listen this song before sleeping, not for waking me up. I need something louder, something like 2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone.

You need lullaby before sleep
Similar to him I have also Kai Tracid - 4 just 1 day for alarm tone. Reason for these songs are that loud music frighten myself LOOL and these two are moderately loud. But I have really loud songs of course

Originally Posted by Dante son of Sparda View Post
King thank you very much, I downgraded ogg support but I should to uninstall these packages manually gstreamer0.10-av and gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph.

And now my Robert Miles - Children works again yeahh
hey i downgraded the ogg think as it said in the command. i get the same error. what else did u do?

yasirrfc, did you also uninstall gstreamer0.10-av, gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph and tracker-extractor-flac.

Try first
Code:
apt-get autoremove
if doesn't work, then run
Code:
apt-get remove --purge gstreamer0.10-maemo-xiph gstreamer0.10-av tracker-extractor-flac
All should be written in single line.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post: