Notices

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Hi,

just to let you know that now there is also 0.10.0 version on my site
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#scummvm

for new features check http://www.scummvm.org/?shownews=20070620.xml or NEWS file here

maemo specific port changes:
- right button keybinding added to Touche engine (center keypad button)
- enabled FLAC (mainly for DXA compressed Broken Sword cutscenes with FLAC audio available on ScummVM site)

Due to new engines the executable size is now ~5MB so if you don't want to use new engines it may be better to stay with older scummvm versions as there are not many changes for older engines. Maybe newer version has more bloat and may be even slower. At least it seems that sound in Simon now stutters a lot. I think in older versions it was better.

AGI engine is also enabled (as requested here in the forum by someone) but I didn't try any game so I don't know how usable it is without real keyboard.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
thanks. any support for sierra games?

Originally Posted by earl00 View Post
thanks. any support for sierra games?
Support? Not from me ;-) But if you are asking whether Sierra AGI engine is enabled then yes, it is.

BTW, for those with hacker edition, dont miss the sound fix here https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=164&atid=681 ScummVM won't run without it.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
I'd be interested in the patch once more, as I still want to try hooking up the directional pad to the "keyboard mouse" for Broken Sword (thread). I haven't had the time yet to try on top of the 0.9.1 patch, so now I might as well start with the current version .

Originally Posted by Sho View Post
I'd be interested in the patch once more
OK
Originally Posted by Sho View Post
I haven't had the time yet to try on top of the 0.9.1 patch, so now I might as well start with the current version .
Yes but you may as well start with 0.9.1 once you really have the time ;-) If 0.10 patch is still not on my site by the time you have 0.9.1 compiled and plan to make your first changes, let me know and I will make fresh patch with latest changes for 0.10.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks, fanoush.

I tried playing Future Wars. It works, but there does not seem to be a way to save or restore the game.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
@fanoush: If I do get around to scratching my itch, I'll certainly send the modification 'upstream' to you so you can include it in your package. No need to fragment into multiple distros.

Of course, if you find time before me don't hesitate to add it first ...

Originally Posted by jethro.itt View Post
I tried playing Future Wars. It works, but there does not seem to be a way to save or restore the game.
Sorry, don't know this game. In such cases I need someone who explains to me how that game works on PC i.e. which keys and/or mouse buttons are needed for proper game operation. Also telling me how great the game is and/or where I can (legally) get it can help :-)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Sorry, don't know this game. In such cases I need someone who explains to me how that game works on PC i.e. which keys and/or mouse buttons are needed for proper game operation. Also telling me how great the game is and/or where I can (legally) get it can help :-)
OK. I use Debian Linux on my desktop and the latest version of SCUMMVM is not yet available in Debian repositories. I'll try to find the time to compile a desktop version of SCUMMVM 0.10 and make a list of mouse/keyboard commands for you. As for getting the game legally, I have no idea...

Anyone know how to use the keyboard in AGI games? I cannot enter any age in LSL1 thus cannot even start. Do you have to use a bluetooth keyboard?