Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
I submitted a bug for this on maemo, although I doubt they'll fix it on the 770, hopefully, they'll do it on the n800 by the time I get around to purchasing it.

https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1195

Originally Posted by expediter View Post
Does it work with Opera?....Opera doesn't work with bt PAN however Minimo does. This was noted in another post so I'm wondering does anybody have Opera working with bt PAN?
Yes, I have an HTC S620, aka a non-T-Mobile, T-Mobile Dash. Unfortunately, it has the PAN profile, but not DUN. Following the guide, I am able to get my N800 talking through it and online, but I don't yet know how to make it pretty and integrated into the GUI. I have created the dummy AP, connected to it, then run a variation of the BT UP script from maemo.org (w/o the insmod bnep.ko), then when I'm done, I run the BT Disco script (w/o rmmod bnep.ko).

The other difference I've found, is that the instructions on maemo.org talk about using the dbus-s program, which doesn't seem correct for the N800. My system seems to work fine when I don't run the other scripts, just the connect and disco scripts.

And to actually answer your question, yes, Opera does work when I get everything connected.

I've been fiddling with this some more tonight. I have a T-Mobile Dash and an N800.

It is almost working, except for DNS, which for some reason, works only in Xterm.

I can do nslookups in Xterm all day long, and get valid addresses back.

Opera and the email client however can't connect to anything.

I've tried everything I can think of. I have "nameserver 192.168.0.1" in /etc/resolv.conf as well as /tmp/resolv.conf.lo and /tmp/resolv.conf.bnep0

And, as I mentioned, it works fine in the Xterm, using 127.0.0.1 as the server.

Oddly, Opera can't even connect by IP. If I enter http://64.233.167.99/, I should get Google, but it just spins at "Connecting..."

Meanwhile, I can flip over to Xterm and "nslookup google.com" and get three addresses.

Any ideas? This is the closest I've ever gotten to having this work.

Update to the above: As one of the other posters mentioned, Minimo can resolve names, but Opera can't.

I'm confused.

This is going to drive me batty. How can SOME apps see the network connection but not ALL?

Any Nokia insiders willing to shed some light on why the stock apps would fail to see the network in this configuration? I'm open to any suggestions at this point.

As a work around, would installing Privoxy help? Privoxy is a proxy, so maybe having that and pointing your browser and email app to the proxy will work?

Luke

Privoxy was a clever idea, but unfortunately resulted in the same behavior. No Opera, etc. Man this is baffling. Nobody knew on maemo-developers either.

is there any clue in the opera.conf file? Perhaps some setting?

Well, it's not just Opera that's affected. None of the built in apps see the connection. But xterm and Minimo are fine somehow.

I guess I'm going to need a DUN capable phone if I want this to work any time soon. :/

I keep getting the following error on my N800 when trying to run the scripts provided by fanoush. Any ideas?

Syntax error: "fi" unexpected (expecting "then")