Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by chiappa View Post
One way is to change to a SIM card from a country that has availability for your app.

Example: I live in China where a lot of apps are unavailable. So I just have to insert a european SIM card and I can download whatever.
I found that this is caused by the default availability setting ("Can be distributed in any country and by any operator, where allowed.") it for some reason completely excludes China.

You have to explicitly tick all the regions for global availability.

Once I fixed this, I got about 400 downloads per-day from China for my (free & OSS) apps for a while.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
i found out, that when i check the ovi store via my computer, it says that its not available in my country but when i actually do it via phone, it works. this happened to me at least 3 times. try it out..

The Following User Says Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
i found out, that when i check the ovi store via my computer, it says that its not available in my country but when i actually do it via phone, it works. this happened to me at least 3 times. try it out..
Yeah, I get that sometimes - you have to make sure you're properly logged in and that it hasn't forgotten what phone you have (which it does far too frequently) ... and then the website cooperates.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
Anyone didn't get Angry Birds in the store?
I am in Hong Kong and my n9 is from Malaysia.
I can't find Angry Birds full version.

Also I can't get comment inside the n9 store in recent days.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
I think that this is a bug. Whenever I click a link to the ovi store in my browser, it says that it is not available in my country, although I do know for a fact that it is. I have to manually use the search function in the store app, and voila, it magically appears. They need to fix this.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I cannot understand, I simply can not find stuff either on the Ovi Store via web or Ovi Store on the phone. As an example, I search for irssi and the only result in both is "fingerterm". But if I navigate to the address given by me on IRC, http://store.ovi.com/content/212247 it works and I was able to install on my phone. What's happening?

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Where can you tick for regions? Ovi Store configuration? In the N9 itself? I could not find any place that you can tick regions at all. Can you give me directions?