Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
Hi all,

everyone who wants to try subtitles support in media player, please try to install gstreamer0.10-plugins-base-subtitles and mafw-gst-renderer from attachment extras-devel repository.

I'm planning to upload it to extras-devel, but before that:
- I want write a simple control panel applet for changing subtitles font and encoding (for now it's possible only by changing gconf keys directly).
eg.:
gconftool-2 -s /system/mafw/mafw-gst-renderer/subtitle_encoding -t string "CP1250"
gconftool-2 -s /system/mafw/mafw-gst-renderer/subtitle_font -t string "Sans Bold 18"
- Create fork of mafw-gst-renderer package eg.: mafw-gst-subtitles-renderer

BTW: You need to have Maemo 5 PR1.1 installed

Woow! you Guyz keep on giving me more reasons to to adore Maemo OS and my N900 :-) i really needed this feature and i want to try it out and i hope i got the idea or the instructions of changing the gconf keys!! :S i don't want to be disappointed when i try it and fail!! so will u guide me please to change these keys on the N900!? am i able to!?

thanx alot man. thanx alot maemo.org :-)

wow wow wow this is awsome no longer weit for mplayer i;m from bulgaria and now i can watch movies thats great
special thanks to :Roman Moravcik )))))))

I've installed the new ones over the manually installed ones and couldn't see any control applet (is this a widget, integrated in the parameters panel or what ?).

Thanks !

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
I've installed the new ones over the manually installed ones and couldn't see any control applet (is this a widget, integrated in the parameters panel or what ?).

Thanks !
Please enable extras-devel repository and install package called "Subtitles Support" from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
Please enable extras-devel repository and install package called "Subtitles Support" from it.
Ok that was it, thanks you !

Thank You Thank You Thank You @rmoravcik you got it sooo right and this is exactly what i was looking for to make my N900 more super than it is ;-)

keep the great work Maemo.org :-)

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Thank You @rmoravcik! You are the best! I'm from Romania and now my subtitles works like a dream (all diacritics and also showing italic text). Outstanding job!
One more thing. I see the diacritics only with Central European (WINDOWS - 1250) Encoding than what are the use of Romanian encodings?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Implemented? You link to devel so this is far away from implemented...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
One more thing. I see the diacritics only with Central European (WINDOWS - 1250) Encoding than what are the use of Romanian encodings?
Only CE font encoding has Romanian diacritics rendered in the font. I don't understand your issue.

Not all fonts have all characters - no point. They are localized, with Western being standard, then each encoding mapping characters to diacritics. Changing encoding would remap those to whatever is there - the infamous circle-for-ș everyone gets.

Could you be more specific?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Hmm, there may be a serious bug in subtitles-support. I installed the package via the App Manager, after playing with it, I uninstalled it. The mediaplayer then stopped working; unable to play any media files, giving out 'Unable to perform operation' error. I reinstalled the package and the mediaplayer is now behaving normally. Can someone reproduce and confirm?

Tags
lyrics music, media player