Strange, works for me (though upload doesn't, I'd reccomend depositfiles for both up/downloading on device)
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Strange, works for me (though upload doesn't, I'd reccomend depositfiles for both up/downloading on device)
figured out that they have an unannounced location filter, I was able to access the file through tor network.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
can you upload the package somewhere else ? clicking the download button simply redirects to 2shared home page..

google docs (you can upload any file there not just documents) or box.com are friendly enough.
added googledocs

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=151

@szopin

I tried depositfiles like in the first kernel upload and a few times for this, but for some reason it simply stopped uploading after some time so I took a random file hoster, in that case 2shared.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to unknown.obvious For This Useful Post:
Only mentioning depositfiles as soon after MU bust Mediafire changed its upload interface and it's no longer working with microB. Went through around a dozen with no success.

I published new version of u-boot, see thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
so freemangordon, did you manage to set the bit from non-secure mode to enable the workaround for thumb2 on the meego kernel?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MastaG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
so freemangordon, did you manage to set the bit from non-secure mode to enable the workaround for thumb2 on the meego kernel?
Still didn't have time to play with BTB flush bit, too much other stuff . But I will do it, as soon as I have some spare time

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Still didn't have time to play with BTB flush bit, too much other stuff . But I will do it, as soon as I have some spare time
No problem bro, take your time.

So if I understand correctly the ubuntu 12.04 packages were compiled for the armel/thumb2 platform.
And the cpu of the N900 does not support thumb2 instructions.
To work around this issue we have to enable the errata_430973 fix inside the kernel to be able run excutables with these thumb2 instructions compiled.

But you said the errata_430973 fix was enabled in previous versions of KP (for the sake of running these thumb2 binaries?).
But didnt anyone tested if this would really set the bit?

We can always recompile the complete 12.04 userland without thumb2 I guess
If anyone willing to provide the hosting/storage/cpu-cycles that is...

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
No problem bro, take your time.

So if I understand correctly the ubuntu 12.04 packages were compiled for the armel/thumb2 platform.
And the cpu of the N900 does not support thumb2 instructions.
To work around this issue we have to enable the errata_430973 fix inside the kernel to be able run excutables with these thumb2 instructions compiled.
The CPU in n900 supports thumb2, but it has a bug in the silicon, see the errata description:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/gi...09/5/3/5622724

But you said the errata_430973 fix was enabled in previous versions of KP (for the sake of running these thumb2 binaries?).
But didnt anyone tested if this would really set the bit?
It was enabled in the days when Titan was maintainer, I have NFC why it was enabled. It is of no use and only slows down the CPU if there are no thumb/2 compiled binaries which could trigger the bug.

We can always recompile the complete 12.04 userland without thumb2 I guess
If anyone willing to provide the hosting/storage/cpu-cycles that is...
Sure you could, but my ultimate goal is to bring thumb2 compiled binaries in Maemo without risking the stability. That is why Ubuntu 12.04 is teh perfect test scenario.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Could you provide a .zip of the files? I can't branch from Launchpad for some reason (it gives me the message: Permission denied (publickey).
bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: Unexpected end of message. Please check connectivity and permissions, and report a bug if problems persist.)

The Following User Says Thank You to skykooler For This Useful Post: