Notices

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
There's a Save as PDF function
That's been there for ages - several versions.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Fennec will be the best browser for Maemo if they can solve the resource hogs. Which i think are the main reason why people have different experience how fast it is. Functional wise it is awesome.

I miss a cursor mode though.. or some good way of selecting text and similar. I like the MicroB zooming better.. don't like when it autozoom on click (guess it is an option i can change somewhere).

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
hy guys usually ,if I downloaded from fennec previous version.Downloaded item stored at document folder.but its weird . cause it doesn't shown under document folder.
so where is it? item which has downloaded .
thanx

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
so does installing this override the 'stable' firefox, or do they install independently? I want to try this out but not if it means losing the current version
Same here. Firefox 1.1 has been my default browser since it came out because of the terrific UI and because it handles some webportal-type sites I use for work much better than MicroB . I'd like to try the v4 nightlies but can't risk trashing v1.1 in the process. So if anyone has successfully installed the beta alongside stable 1.1 I'd like to know how to do it.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2010-11-06 at 16:22.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
whats the build guys? It shows me as Firefox 3.6.5pre/Fennec 1.1 from about browser. Is this the latest one announced on 10/4? I installed it from www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta
Same here. I installed it twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things (second time I made sure to uninstall the existing version before reinstalling).

Then when I did "apt-get -s upgrade" it shows the 4beta3 as being available for upgrade so I did an upgrade and at last I have this beta installed.

Last edited by kureyon; 2010-11-06 at 17:14.

Answer #2 of the faq:

Is it called Fennec or Firefox?
Fennec is the codename of Mozilla’s mobile project, however, the official product name is Firefox. For pre-beta releases of Firefox, we call it by the project's name, Fennec.

Last edited by daperl; 2010-11-06 at 18:02.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
Anyone else having problem with loading pages. Maybe half of the pages i try to load give me a error that firefox cannot load the page. Same problem with beta 2 and this.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I like UI of MicroB better, and the swirl-zoom is great of course. However, I like the tabs a lot in Fennec. And of course the more modern rendering/javascript engines.

I think Fennec uses way too much RAM and N900 simply doesn't have enough available memory to handle it much of the time. Just like everything else on N900, once you're hitting swap everything slows down like hell...

I wonder how it runs in Android? I thought android devices don't have swap. Perhaps the OS just has a smaller memory footprint.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Same here. I installed it twice just to make sure I wasn't seeing things (second time I made sure to uninstall the existing version before reinstalling).

Then when I did "apt-get -s upgrade" it shows the 4beta3 as being available for upgrade so I did an upgrade and at last I have this beta installed.
Installing beta/nightly Firefox from mozilla.com via application manager has not worked in like a year... you need to use apt or dpkg. I think app manager always goes for the ovi version instead no matter what's in the other repos.

how can i open *.xpi by Fennec 4 beta 3 ,it`s always open by MicroB
i want install Plugins for Fennec without net.

Last edited by willkr; 2010-11-07 at 11:46.

Tags
browser, fennec