Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
my gallery cant even sell any series of lumia this month, lol

people rejecting wp, and thats sound so promising, hahaaa

poor Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Lumia and subsequent phones will save Nokia.
And what basis are you making this opinion? Every fact available and any analyst who has commented on Nokia/WP7 thinks that it's doomed to failure.

Who are you really? I suspect your on the wind up or else are one of those spam bots perhaps, a sane person couldn't be that stupid.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Lumia and subsequent phones will save Nokia.
How? Interest in Europe is evaporating, cannot gain traction in China, India and other parts of Asia and it's downhill in U.S. (ranked no. 18 at Amazon despite being the cheapest smartphone at $50).

The only phone which can save Nokia is the unwanted child N9 but Elop would rather let Nokia die than admit he's wrong.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Ofcourse wp has blutooth support, filesystem and multitasking cause it is a ready os. Ask elop he knows that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
What will happen to the existing N950's once they are returned from the DEV's? Any plans to resell them again, or will they be destroyed?

They should sell them to verified N900 owners.

Originally Posted by msnbcnnbcbs View Post
What will happen to the existing N950's once they are returned from the DEV's? Any plans to resell them again, or will they be destroyed?

Boo hiss! They should sell one to me.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
How? Interest in Europe is evaporating, cannot gain traction in China, India and other parts of Asia and it's downhill in U.S. (ranked no. 18 at Amazon despite being the cheapest smartphone at $50).

The only phone which can save Nokia is the unwanted child N9 but Elop would rather let Nokia die than admit he's wrong.
I think you're wrong there, the N9 was a nice effort but it was never going to challenge Apple or Samsung.

The only device which could save Nokia right now would be a top of the line (specs) device, with classy expensive looking hardware running Android which as much or even more features than the SGS3.

It's the only way Nokia can join a party, waiting for Windows to never catch on is killing them.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by msnbcnnbcbs View Post

They don't care... we will probably keep our N950's till we are dead. Nokia is not taking them back at all.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I think you're wrong there, the N9 was a nice effort but it was never going to challenge Apple or Samsung.

The only device which could save Nokia right now would be a top of the line (specs) device, with classy expensive looking hardware running Android which as much or even more features than the SGS3.

It's the only way Nokia can join a party, waiting for Windows to never catch on is killing them.
Of course we don't know how far the N9 could have gone with proper support and promotion instead of being declared a dead OS by Elop himself but the signs were indeed encouraging. It was the first Nokia phone in living memory which excited so much interest and to have gained so much admiration and positive reviews. It has true multitasking and an elegant innovative UI which appealed to users disillusioned with ios and Android. It had real potential of becoming a major player if Nokia had sold in every market. At the very least it would have reduced the bleeding in Nokia.

Users don't look at hardware specs only, they also consider the OS, UI, usability, apps, etc. Nokia was onto a good thing with the N9 but instead of seeing it as a revenue generator Elop saw it as a threat to Lumia.

with this..im gonna buy N9 64gb black by next month before nokia store a my country decides to purge N9