Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by imo View Post
After reading all the benefits ,it seems attractive and guddy but still ,how much better this is than that of cssu stable ? Any short precise answer could do for me and also i need an advice on this prior to any installation that whether i should go for it or i shouldnt.tiA
Read the first post please to get the idea of the main advantage, get some space in RAM back!

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Read the first post please to get the idea of the main advantage, get some space in RAM back!
And in addition to that, there is definitely a visible speed improvement as a side effect of using gcc4.7.2-linaro toolchain.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Thumb user here, I can confirm CSSU-Thumb rules.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Hmm.. I may end up installing CSSU after all, if only for (verifying the claimed) benefits of thumb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Thumb user here, I can confirm CSSU-Thumb rules.
word-by-word, here the same. CSSU-Thumb rocks!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
on tryin cssu thumb on ma 2nd n900, i experience constant reboots...on d 1st one it seems to be running buttery smooth without no complains..what seems to be the issue...?does firmware version have any role to play in the reboots or what could it be?

Last edited by harry_e20000; 2012-09-15 at 06:03.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Friends,

Though I read many articles, being a mechanical engineer I could not understand the advanced computer language terms. Moreover I am windows user; but I know some basics how to flash, etc and want to improve my N900 with Nemo, NitDROID, etc.

I presently have:
1. N900 with CSSU stable and KP50 & Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC (Class 10)
2. Windows Vista PC (64bit)

Can anyone help me how to install the following:
1. CSSU-Thumb - understand that there are only two versions are avl when we go for installation- Stable & Testing. Then how to select thumb? (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829)
2. Power Kernel V51 Stable (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=KP51)
3. Maemeemo Layer (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=maemeemo)
4. Injection Drivers for KP51
5. How to easily increase the app memory with the above items in place (Swapping rootfs with MyDocs)

Though I know the respective individual/seperate links to do except for items 4 & 5, I am unable to corelate all, in order to flash my device in a single shot with all the above items in place:

If any of you have experience with all the above together, pl share whether all the above when installed together work fine.

And I am extremely sorry to make you feel that the is stupid request. I want to improve my N900.

Pl help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bharathkumarst; 2012-09-15 at 07:04.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by bharathkumarst View Post
Friends,

Though I read many articles, being a mechanical engineer I could not understand the advanced computer language terms. Moreover I am windows user; but I know some basics how to flash, etc and want to improve my N900 with Nemo, NitDROID, etc.

I presently have:
1. N900 with CSSU stable and KP50 & Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC (Class 10)
2. Windows Vista PC (64bit)

Can anyone help me how to install the following:
1. CSSU-Thumb - understand that there are only two versions are avl when we go for installation- Stable & Testing. Then how to select thumb? (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829)
2. Power Kernel V51 Stable (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=KP51)
3. Maemeemo Layer (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...light=maemeemo)
4. Injection Drivers for KP51
5. How to easily increase the app memory with the above items in place (Swapping rootfs with MyDocs)

Though I know the respective individual/seperate links to do except for items 4 & 5, I am unable to corelate all, in order to flash my device in a single shot with all the above items in place:

If any of you have experience with all the above together, pl share whether all the above when installed together work fine.

And I am extremely sorry to make you feel that the is stupid request. I want to improve my N900.

Pl help. Thanks in advance.
I admit: Searching the information you need is almost impossible in this forum. The fragmentation of this forum is very high, and highly annoying it is!

Do yourself a favor (and freemangordon as well) and start a separate thread. Though you are also interested in thumb2, many of those questions are far, far off-topic here. You will receive much more attention to the questions you have (and many others, trying to achieve the same).

Many other users will be thankful, if you start a thread were all these complex features are united in one place!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
@bharathkumarst, go to IRC. There are a lot of guys will send you to google help you.

Last edited by hxka; 2012-09-15 at 10:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Hmm.. I may end up installing CSSU after all, if only for (verifying the claimed) benefits of thumb
there are, you won't believe it

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life