I have been looking for a 2gb memory card for my Nokia 770 and was wondering if anybody know if this will work? http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_t...erid=21418878/
I know it's a "mobile-mmc" but the specs are just like the "RS-MMC and the Micro-MMC".

Thanks in advance

this is what i use in my 770, works beautifully. mmc mobile is part of a relatively new mmc spec that allows for faster operation, search the forums for linux kernels that allow faster mmc operation.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Mobile MMC (aka MMC Mobile) is the latest version (v4.x) of the MMC standard offering faster bus speeds and a wider data bus.

The Kingston card should work just fine in your 770, and if you use Fanoush's high-speed kernel you should be able to make the most of your new card.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Yes, this one is great and was quite cheap. Speed is excellent and even the multiblock write feature work without crashes for me with this card in N770. Great for booting from mmc hack too, cuts boot time to half with this card. It is great also in n800, uses low voltage and is as fast or faster then 150x SD cards. Too bad they don't make 4GB ones, I would buy it both for my N770 and N800 at once. I hope they will make it some day.

On the other hand, if you don't plan to flash custom kernel and don't plan to use it in any other device, any plain MMC card will do as the speed limit of Nokia kernel is far below the speed of slowest MMC card on market.

Thanks for the input!

I ordered one today and end up only paying $34.99 for it from buy.com
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Kingston 2GB MMCmobile $44.99
Shipping & Handling (Budget: 7 to 9 business days) : $0.00
Tax (WA) : $0.00
1 Google Checkout $10 Sign-up Bonus - Bonus may not appear on this store's web site or emails. -$10.00
Total: $34.99