Active Topics

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Has this come back at all? Maybe you just hadn't rebooted yet since your update?
If it has, please make sure you log it in the bug-tracker
No. It was a one-off caused by winter in Canada: cold/dry hands and frozen brain - not caused by the N9's hardware or software.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-11-23 at 20:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Did you update your device ?

@ jalyst - thanks for the earlier reply - I have not had the PR1.1 update yet so I'm hopeful this will take care of a few of these issues. I have been waiting patiently but am tempted to take matters into my own hands!

When this badboy works smoothly its the nuts

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ N.P. mate, there's no doubt she's temperamental at times

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-27 at 18:18.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
go to account>mail for exchange>connection settings, and tick the option non provisional device, then go to settings, security, disable the devicd lock option.
I am still unable to unlock. Even after setting provisioning on and going back to security code, i dont see a way to disable it. Any more details??

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Is there any solution to the wifi weakness, it is unbearable...I might as well just use 3g exclusively with how weak this is.
I have no problem with wifi

Updated OP with a few more things, that's it for about 1-week.

Please share your findings everyone...
If you feel there's a better way to lay-out the OP.
Or you see that I'm missing a how-to, fix, tweak, or killer app.
Or you think some info. in the OP is wrong, please speak-up.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-27 at 18:25.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I'm debating whether to just flash my starhub branded n9 or wait for the update. If I update it through nokia singapore I will likely have the branding
on the screen saver. Is there a file I can modify to remove the starhub logo for the screen saver? Actually, it might be fun to customize it. Also, is the bloatware removable without flashing?

If I go the flashing route, which location pr1.1 makes the most sense for someone living in US? Some have recommended central europe version. Finally, if I flash does that mean that all future updates will have to be done by flashing?

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I'm debating whether to just flash my starhub branded n9 or wait for the update. If I update it through nokia singapore I will likely have the branding
on the screen saver. Is there a file I can modify to remove the starhub logo for the screen saver? Actually, it might be fun to customize it. Also, is the bloatware removable without flashing?

If I go the flashing route, which location pr1.1 makes the most sense for someone living in US? Some have recommended central europe version. Finally, if I flash does that mean that all future updates will have to be done by flashing?
As a Starhub-branded N9 owner living in the US, I can speak to having done all of the things you asked about sucessfully (except the future updates, of course ). I'm running central european firmware on it now. I chose that because people think it will receive future OTA updates sooner than others based on PR1.1 experiences. No other practical way to remove bloatware to my knowledge.

Before I flashed to that firmware I removed the starhub logo from the lock screen by reducing the image size to zero pixels in a config file. This made it invisible on the lockscreen so all you saw was the clock. I think this is the post that talks about modding all the different aspects of the lock screen:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79210

Good luck.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2011-11-28 at 14:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Thank-you for the Mod/Twk tip Drekkie...
I came across that thread before but forgot to add it to the OP.

Adding it to the Mods & Tweaks section now as:
How to customise your lock-screen
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79210

As for the advice about whether to flash or not etc.
I think that's beyond the scope of this thread.
As it's already been very well doco'd in other threads.
If others disagree lemme know & I may add a flash/update-centric section.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-28 at 17:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post: