Active Topics

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Just read that Elop, in a Finnish press interview, spoke of how they were trying to cast off Meego to other vendors (such as LG) and during the same interview said that Nokia would still release a Meego device this year, but it would not be a slate or tablet.

Could it be the N950? If it is a sexed-up N900, it could be the first thing on Santa's list...

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Sounds good, I hope it's a boosted n900

It is N950. Name was confirmed by Rich Green from Nokia, but apparently this is first time somebody has confirmed it not being tablet.
Green did say in February that N950 should be looked as successor to N900, that was kind of hint to it being phone.

That said who cares about the name as it doesn't tell anything. Hopefully the hw is up up to the competition, that i'm most worried. It will be very short lived as far as the official support goes and i really need/want stuff like HDMI out and according to couple of insiders the multitasking will still be on the very core of the OS so extra umph would not do any harm there... and then we can overclock it to take some more out of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
It's a soda dispensing machine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Could you provide a link to the interview?

+ There's no guarentee it will be called the N950. If you watch the presentation, you can tell that Rich Green was not being dead serious by calling it the 'N950', he was joking around

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I'm still worrying about the successor of the N900, will it have a keyboard or not!?
I hope it will

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-05-05 at 22:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
+ There's no guarentee it will be called the N950. If you watch the presentation, you can tell that Rich Green was not being dead serious by calling it the 'N950', he was joking around
That is quite funny. I was there at the MWC and the impression I got was that N950 is exactly how it is NOT going to be called. The phrase, considering context, background slide, and intonation, was something on the lines of "but we're talking about a evolutionary increment here, let's say a n950 kind of device".

Then I came back here and everyone was going all over it.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Heh i was just thinking about that while writing that and finding link about it.
Reading the exact quote it sounded like N950 was just thrown out there because of what he said about this device being successor to N900. Media all around sure have made it a fact that this MeeGo or Harmattan device is N950.

Though like said the name isn't the important part, even it's internal name like RM-XXX could be more revealing than the name made up by the marketing department month before announcement.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Just read that Elop, in a Finnish press interview, spoke of how they were trying to cast off Meego to other vendors (such as LG) and during the same interview said that Nokia would still release a Meego device this year, but it would not be a slate or tablet.

Could it be the N950? If it is a sexed-up N900, it could be the first thing on Santa's list...
I would'nt trust any word comming from that idiot Mr Flop himself.

He has already hurted Meego and Qt when he spread his lies about Meego/Qt and "burning platform".

That idiot is still working for Microsoft not Nokia. Even if he gets his salary from Nokia.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
The problem is that they are trying to release the device as a MeeGo device despite it not being MeeGo. They're still pushing for an exception from the Linux Foundation, which considering Nokia's actions and Elop's statements should be denied outright.

If LG is going to pick up just as Nokia drops a device and walks off the field, then LG should have the opportunity to release the first official MeeGo device.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:

Tags
imaginarium, imagination, meego orphans, nokia blows, trust nokia?omg