Rumour has it Samsung is considering Meego. Really great if they are!

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-eye...ders-05177067/

meegoexperts.com is suggesting the same

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Hope they do a good job with it as they have done with Galaxy s2

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Guatemala
great i hope that

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
LOL, they might try doing couple of handsets as an experiment and then give up.

When Nokia does not see any future in its own platform, others do.....pathetic

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
I call BS Samsug has already 2 OS and it wont take on another at least in the short term, btw now the german site says Intel will focus on WP xD

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
When Nokia does not see any future in its own platform, others do.....pathetic
so quick to judge? and all we have is a rumour. i wouldn't want you to be on any jury!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
so quick to judge? and all we have is a rumour. i wouldn't want you to be on any jury!
Don't worry, it'll happen sooner or later. MeeGo has much more potential for a company like Samsung than WP. WP is weak in sales, so it would be a smart choice for Samsung to ditch WP and use MeeGo as a test bed. Microsoft is in a gain either way, they still get royalty payments for using Android.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
considering samsung have bada, and have been pushing that as their alternative it doesn't seem as likely. meego has potential in the future. wp sales are higher then meego sales and it's a lot further along in development then meego, also it has a faster development cycle then meego. Bada is a lot further along then meego!
meego was a bad idea for current platform for nokia and any other handset maker, give it a few years and if it's still being actively developed and ticks all the boxes then yes i can see it being used.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
@smegeheadz, 1. In what way was meego a bad idea for current platform for Nokia? I believe some of the "poor results of Meego, slow development etc." argument from Elop has been intended to strengthen his own choice to go for WP rather than based on fact. For example, he stated they only had a few phones in the pipeline/ready for launch, but Apple has been able to compete with only one smartphone on offer, and it's been extremely successful. So proliferation is not necessarily the way to go. 2. How long has WP been in development for and do you have any opinion as to why the development cycle of WP is faster? If it is just resources, then I guess Samsung can catch up.

The argument I saw was that Google's move to buy Motorola could lead Samsung to become marginalized, with three players Apple, Nokia and Google now linking hard and software, and taking the lead. As for Bada, I have limited understanding about how it would perform as a true smartphone/tablet platform. Regardless, Samsung has been successful, and they are afaik, known to have hedged their OS bets.

BTW. I own a Samsung Win Mo 6.5 phone. It's been my best phone to date, although the TouchWiz interface isn't that intuitive, the phone has been stable, dependable, has lots of software alternatives, such as connection to a BT watch which I need, and it has an excellent screen, an area where Samsung seems to be in the lead.

Last edited by Gadgety; 2011-09-06 at 09:34.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gadgety For This Useful Post:

Tags
false, no chance of a