Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Oh well... I still need my N9 camera desperately... But so far a great mod. Congrats!

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
That's quite awesome, although it's a bit bulky-ish. Could you post a picture of side profile?

And indeed if the maliit vkb autohide and those missing keys can be implemented somehow, I will make one for myself too.

The Following User Says Thank You to hotmultimedia For This Useful Post:
here is how to disable vkb atleast in terminal. haven't tried it myself but it looks good
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83300

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Sniper_swe View Post
here is how to disable vkb atleast in terminal. haven't tried it myself but it looks good
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83300
That one works perfect, of course that is only the terminal application, still, for me that is where the bt kbd is mostly used

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Nice to see someone doing this, i have always been thinking about this if i should have an android phone (IF i can be formatted/flashed with an Ubuntu ONLY image), then i could live with the "lag" because then i would have a HW keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Has anyone tried to contact the creator of the slide out keyboards and asked if they'd attempt to make one for the N9? I bet they'd sell a ton of them just from this crowd alone!

(I really dreamt of getting an N950 since I saw them, even tried really hard to come up with some ideas for developing for one, but 'won' one... )

I'd definitely prefer an N950 over the N9, but still bought an N9 because it is full of awesome and all the other Phone OSs that I've seen annoy me.

I do still miss Maemo 5 though, that would be cool to port to the N9 too... well one can dream... N955 all the way!

slaapliedje

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
what if you download the empty keyboard from mesinput and slide to it while using the bt one?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Has anyone tried to contact the creator of the slide out keyboards and asked if they'd attempt to make one for the N9? I bet they'd sell a ton of them just from this crowd alone!
I'll try to contact them, hopefully... (I think that if I contact them, ill have to talk in engrish)

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
what if you download the empty keyboard from mesinput and slide to it while using the bt one?
Never thought about this one! Will try out today and will report back the results.

If this really works, ill put it on the first post
Tnx for the tip!

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Very cool mod, but how does the Bluetooth KB work in real life.
I have a cheap mini (N900 size) BT keyboard and a nice BT full size foldout KB for my N900; the cheap one it is sketchy at best with many keys not working or not working correctly though it works reasonably well when tested on my Ubuntu netbook. The large expensive keyboard pairs but doesn't actually work on the N900.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Very cool mod, but how does the Bluetooth KB work in real life.
I have a cheap mini (N900 size) BT keyboard and a nice BT full size foldout KB for my N900; the cheap one it is sketchy at best with many keys not working or not working correctly though it works reasonably well when tested on my Ubuntu netbook. The large expensive keyboard pairs but doesn't actually work on the N900.
I didn't had any troubles with the bt keyboard that I have. for such a price, I would recommend it

Tags
nokia n955