Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria

It's not the stylus I miss, though. I hate it when I touch the screen by accident (when I'm in the bus etc.) and each of these touches are registered as clicks. Annoying. The advantage of a resistive screen is that it's not enough to touch it by accident. You need to add some light pressure. That's the cool thing.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by xabier View Post
I would also buy a cpu improved n900 successor, I don't care if the screen is resistive or capacitive. It can be fixed with a proper touchpen.

I would also like bigger capacity battery, motorola defy has 1500mah one as n97. bigger battery and smaller chips and (possinly) amoled screen would give us impressing battery life.
Resistives got better sensing resolution, and you can use it with your fingernails, any random object you happen to be holding, while wearing gloves etc, nothing in crapacitives make them a better choice than resistives.

I would only get a N950 or whatever it is called if it didn't loose in any aspect to the N900, gotta have hardware qwerty, gotta have high res touch input, gotta have a nice camera, gotta have lots of internal memory AND expansible external memory and so on.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
No Need to buy. Next Meego conference is in May.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post

It's not the stylus I miss, though. I hate it when I touch the screen by accident (when I'm in the bus etc.) and each of these touches are registered as clicks. Annoying. The advantage of a resistive screen is that it's not enough to touch it by accident. You need to add some light pressure. That's the cool thing.
Capacitive doesnt work unless you use your skin for it, so no accidental taps in your pocket.

I also prefer resistive screen for it's accuracy, but i think that if it's meego it may be neccesary to use multitouch for gestures.

Can't these people think...? what the h3ll are we supposed to do on xterm without a hw keyboard...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Houston, TX
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Resistives got better sensing resolution, and you can use it with your fingernails, any random object you happen to be holding, while wearing gloves etc, nothing in crapacitives make them a better choice than resistives..
My N900 interface objects in order of frequency of use: fingernail, stylus, ignition key.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Can't these people think...? what the h3ll are we supposed to do on xterm without a hw keyboard...
Lots of us used the pop-up keyboard in xterm on the N800. It wasn't a problem at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
Hmm... i'd feel more comfortable if nokia hadn't had the track record they've had with software...but...for what its worth:

the must-have improvements:
1. HD support (scaling, recording, hdmi-out)
2. Multitouch (nice for photos and games, the rest is meh)
3. Processing Power (newer cpu+gpu)

the cool extras:
Carl-Zeiss 8MP or better camera
32GB internal + Card slot
USB OTG by default (otherwise we have h-e-n anyway...)

And as any sensible user on this forum would agree: The HW keyboard stays. Or i dont. Period.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uhbhatti88 For This Useful Post:
I'd be pretty damn happy if they just released the closed source stuff. Or continued with Maemo as an OS since Meego just doesn't seem that appealing. 1GHz processor, with 512mb ram and a decent GPU, one that has decent drivers I mean would work wonders on a operating system like this. Shame this phone isn't like a computer were you can customize the hardware...

Tags
stop dreaming, willneverhappen