Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
update on my behalf.

On paper I think my idea works.

Getting it to work is the next issue. There is very very little room to route the cables from the battery connectors to where the microusb was. I was using cables from a molex connector from a computer... which I chose as it would be best for the current. But its perhaps too thick. At one stage, if I pressed the battery into the phone hard, it would charge as I think it should (which indicates that the parts werent sitting flush with each other). But I think I need to use smaller wires.

Another challenge is the actual soldering. The alligator clips, smallest size I could find at a local electronics shop (Jaycar in Australia), were way too big. So I did some soldering attempts. The positive connection was easy to solder at the bottom. The negative connection on the other hand was a huge hassle to solder at the very bottom, as the head of the solder stick was just too wide. Can;t solder too high otherwise the battery won't fit in.

Also need to try and find a 2mm plug or something similar, both a male and female connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
My japod battery from DX is smaller fit than the original one, battery eye shows less charge than a 1 year old original nokia battery. żis it possible that my battery is a japod clone?

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
The Japod I bought is exactly right size, so beware yours might be a scam

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post
Quick question to the battery meter. How can I change the % at which the picture changes?
I'd like to have different pictures on ranges: 0-10, 10-30, 30-70, 70-90, 90-100, with the LED activating for the last segment <10.

Anyway I like it a lot, thank you. Even as it feels a little confused under high load.
well the steps that i have in the meter is controlled by how LiPo & Li-ion battery's discharge/capacity graph is, not saying it is impossible to make the steps you talk about, but making the steps like they are now because they fit as closely as possible to the REAL graph took some hours to make.

The high load is how a battery reacts, my EV moped uses 110A at 22V (under acceleration) and the voltage drops to 19.5V from 22V.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
update on my behalf.

On paper I think my idea works.

Getting it to work is the next issue. There is very very little room to route the cables from the battery connectors to where the microusb was. I was using cables from a molex connector from a computer... which I chose as it would be best for the current. But its perhaps too thick. At one stage, if I pressed the battery into the phone hard, it would charge as I think it should (which indicates that the parts werent sitting flush with each other). But I think I need to use smaller wires.

Another challenge is the actual soldering. The alligator clips, smallest size I could find at a local electronics shop (Jaycar in Australia), were way too big. So I did some soldering attempts. The positive connection was easy to solder at the bottom. The negative connection on the other hand was a huge hassle to solder at the very bottom, as the head of the solder stick was just too wide. Can;t solder too high otherwise the battery won't fit in.

Also need to try and find a 2mm plug or something similar, both a male and female connection.
Yes looking at the alligator clips you can get i was wondering how you would have made that work

Dealextreme has plenty of parts.
like these for the wire and male plug:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/genuine...m-length-23127
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/car-cha...m-length-30052
And these for the female plug: (take them apart and the plugs fall right out)
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/genuine...sb-phone-29208
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/genuine...er-3-8cm-49065

And again the Red & Black wire in most USB cables is sufficient to take about 1Amp so this can be used

Originally Posted by xabier View Post
My japod battery from DX is smaller fit than the original one, battery eye shows less charge than a 1 year old original nokia battery. żis it possible that my battery is a japod clone?
If it is a smaller fit i don't think you bought the right battery, the BL-5J is what you want but other BL- battery's can actually fit in the N900 (and to take it ahead of time, NO there are no gains with other BL- battery's)

Cooling down Li-Ion slows down chemical reactions, which results in reduced self-discharged, slower aging, and reduced performance if you actually try use a cold battery.

You're supposed to let it slowly warm up in room temperature before using it.

Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Cooling down Li-Ion slows down chemical reactions, which results in reduced self-discharged, slower aging, and reduced performance if you actually try use a cold battery.

You're supposed to let it slowly warm up in room temperature before using it.
Thats actually an good explanation, and i can confirm the part about a cold battery not performing very well, but if it actually helps to cool it down it is probably not very much, i have some of the first laptop battery's laying around, both the hole battery and the cells that are VERY old, and they still have very good capacity despite being over 5 years old some are close to 10 years old and still work fine, plenty of capacity and such.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! I'm using BatteryGraph. Is it normal to see my battery mAh now at around 1214mAh 4187mV? I thought the battery was supposed to be ~1300mAh?

The recent charges have been "degrading" the battery mAh. Is that normal, and how do we preserve the battery performance?

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
If it is a smaller fit i don't think you bought the right battery, the BL-5J is what you want but other BL- battery's can actually fit in the N900 (and to take it ahead of time, NO there are no gains with other BL- battery's)
I bought it from your link, it says bl 5j, my nokia battery was perfect fit for the socket but the new japod is a bit loose falls from the slot if I don't use the battery cover(yours was a bit bigger than the stock one).

I bought 2 batteries so I might try the second one tonight

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc