Active Topics

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
Has Nokia heard us?

This was posted by Director of Qt’s ecosystem, Daniel Kihlberg

"- Nokia also announced it will ship its first MeeGo-related device in 2011, which will rely on the Qt ecosystem and then will continue with MeeGo as an open source project for future disruption."
PLEASE READ THIS LINK IT ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT MEEGO AND QT
Full post here:http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...-future-of-qt/

What does it mean, well their will be a MeeGo device and possibly nothing after. I think it would depend on sales. I personally am a graphic designer and suck at programing. I think I will get more involve with Qt interface design and donate my time to helping programmers make better apps. We need to show Nokia it's worth it...this is just my view. I think this is Meego's first and last life line.

Please post factual information, I'm tired of all the speculation I have been seeing for the last year -=\

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deyons For This Useful Post:
If Nokia said something regarding Maemo or Meego, I think you can assume will do the opposite of what they said.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Unlikely the phone will ever make it to market. Unlikely that intel will continue to develop meego for ARM. Unlikely that QT will be maintained. Unlikely that Microsoft will allow a good non-WP7 Nokia phone to market. Unlikely

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScottishDuck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
@ScottishDuck(Nice fuqin name lol)
QT will have to be maintained for existing Symbian users, if Nokia uses WM7 to push its way into the US market then deploys Meego, it might not be so bad. Trust me if you seen my letters on the Nokia Conversation site you would know I'm pissed off lol. But after reading this letter all we can do is hope.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
What worries me is that no one from Nokia ever said that Meego will be on a phone. They always use the word product or device.
Also: http://piacentini.blog.br/2011/02/elop-is-after-me/
Very interesting article about Elop and QT.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahmadamaj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
YAY!

(let's get iphones!)

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by deyons View Post
But after reading this letter all we can do is hope.
You must be new here...

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Even if they release a phone late 2011(which is very likley) This product will lack support far worse than the n900. even do I really want a meego phone I will not buy it. Nokia must relase at least two meego phones and prove they really want meego in their protfolio before i even consider buy from nokia again.

And im sure it won't happen.

Last edited by Dave999; 2011-02-13 at 09:15.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Richmond, VA
i was on some nokia developers blog and he was ranting about his dislike of the change in direction and he also mentioned a meego device from nokia will be released this year. I will post the link when im back at my desktop.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
I would love to see MeeGo get launched.

Seeing the videos and the way they present it looks like a neat OS.
Im a sucker for illustrations and hell we all know the MeeGo illustrations are cool !

Lets hope for the best!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gilamonyet For This Useful Post:

Tags
elopcalypse