Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's true. I had gotten a TouchPad last week, got it for the $100 off, on top of the $100 off, and there was a $50 instant rebate that was still active, so I paid $249 in total in just a couple of days.

Just got off the phone with Staples, got a $214 ($200 + sales tax) refund.

TouchPad for basically $35 + tax.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by luca View Post
$99 should be 70€ however even that is too much if you cannot install a real Linux on it
Actually it would be 68,8121221 Euro but in germany we usually get the same price like in US, just not in Dollar but in Euro, that’s why 99€

The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
Can anyone pick one up and ship to me in Europe? Will pay for extra for the effort...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
It's true. I had gotten a TouchPad last week, got it for the $100 off, on top of the $100 off, and there was a $50 instant rebate that was still active, so I paid $249 in total in just a couple of days.

Just got off the phone with Staples, got a $214 ($200 + sales tax) refund.

TouchPad for basically $35 + tax.
That's fantastic. You are a god.

Granted, God of Exceptional Discounts on Mobile Linux Devices Unjustly Killed Before Their Time probably doesn't earn you a high follower count even by Discworld standards, but I've dedicated a shrine to you all the same. Okay, I propped a dead N800 up on a table in the basement and said, "Yay, gerbick," but that's something, right?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I feel the love. Your N800 may return to your hands now.

And I'm officially on the quest to port Android, MeeGo or whatever to the TouchPad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
The price (70€) is incredible, but where we (from EU) can order it? Amazon still holds its price.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
No one actually thanked op lol

Just ordered one from Best Buy , gonna see if I can find one in Costco as well

MeeGo or Honeycomb on this thing will be awesome I think its just a matter of time

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
The price (70€) is incredible, but where we (from EU) can order it? Amazon still holds its price.
The chances are we will never see it in the euro-zone for that price. We all know how manufactures like to up prices as soon as they come over here. I would be happy to see it for less than £150 though

Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
The chances are we will never see it in the euro-zone for that price. We all know how manufactures like to up prices as soon as they come over here. I would be happy to see it for less than £150 though
I know, I know. The same story was with "our European" N900, price for us was above 600 €, meanwhile "poor" US market can have it for less then 300 €.
Anyway, I'm also interested to buy Cordia Tab, but only if this "around 300 $" doesn't mean also "around 300 €".

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

And I'm officially on the quest to port Android, MeeGo or whatever to the TouchPad.
Very cool.