Reading PDFs speeds up considerably if you turn images off in the preferences. Admittedly, this takes away half the point of PDFs, but it at least makes the text readable. I think the lousy PDF reader is one of the biggest flaws of the 770 -- why include it at all if it's so bad?

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by pdafan
I created a movie of the boardgamegeek.com loading on my swapped 770. It takes less than 15s (includes time to select the bookmark.) I have the MPG ready to go, I just don't know where to put it.
GREAT! Thanx a lot!

You can create an account at Streamload for example and upload your file. I tested it with the Nokia Doom movie and it seem to work:

http://209.245.59.39/Gimme/35115504/...kia770doom.avi

Ok, I have put the video on streamload.com and here's a link:

<bad download URL deleted>

Let me know if it doesn't work for any reason. Streamload doesn't let you 'host' a file for downloading if you are a free user, so I won't be surprised if that URL changes at some point.

Note that the video was made on a 256kbs internet link, so consider that when thinking about the page rendering time. Flash disabled, week 51 software.

Last edited by pdafan; 2006-01-08 at 03:13. Reason: added note about flash

The boardgame link doesn't seem to be working.

Originally Posted by pdafan
Let me know if it doesn't work for any reason. Streamload doesn't let you 'host' a file for downloading if you are a free user, so I won't be surprised if that URL changes at some point.
Grrr, you are right it has changed or it is working with a cookie or something...

Maybe http://www.putfile.com is a better option? Or you can send the file to me using MSN (I send you a PM with the address) , I can place it on my server. Thanx!

Last edited by TVD; 2006-01-07 at 15:26.

The movie of the boardgame site loading on a swap filed Nokia 770 can be downloaded from here:

Boardgame movie

Thanks to PDAFAN!

All other Nokia 770 movies are also welcome send me a PM if you have one, I will put them on my server also.

Hmmmm... the loading bar isn't all the way to the right! Foul! (Just kidding; I said it took about 15 seconds for it to load on my 770 too.)

But what is it with you people? Am I the only 770 owner who goes to Full Screen mode?

For everyone who has movies of the Nokia 770 doing cool stuff, send them to me please for on this new movie blog for gadgets

you can add my name to the long list of people who can load the page.

my problem with boardgamegeek was that the unit was regularly locking up/rebooting when i would open it. since i've added swap it doesn't reboot any more, but it still locks up when i actually try to use the site (clicking through links, scrolling, etc).

the big speed issue was with pdfs, not web site rendering.

Last edited by astroglide; 2006-01-08 at 07:45.

Originally Posted by astroglide
you can add my name to the long list of people who can load the page.

my problem with boardgamegeek was that the unit was regularly locking up/rebooting when i would open it. since i've added swap it doesn't reboot any more, but it still locks up when i actually try to use the site (clicking through links, scrolling, etc).

the big speed issue was with pdfs, not web site rendering.
Good luck on reading PDF's on Windows Mobile 5. Adobe doesn't support hires and WM5 so your PDF's will show up in 320x240

Have you tried a PDF -> HTML converter? or even PDF -> TXT?