Ah, my Psion 5. How I miss it. I may have still worked today if it hadn't been for a stupid James Bond buff at airport security in September of 2001 in Chicago. He insisted it was a bomb detonator! I'll get you for this, James Bond! I couldn't help but to notice the comforting resemblance my new 770 bears to my greatly missed Psion. I also sense a Bluetooth keyboard in my near future.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
Originally Posted by TVD
Today the crack has grown from the USB port to the DC port I did nothing special today with my 770 only pluged in a stereo plug twice... I'm going to call/mail Nokia tomorrow!

PS. The quality of the sound output is very good, almost no noise at all!

did you contact Nokia? What was the answer?

Originally Posted by Brian Gasperosky
Ah, my Psion 5. How I miss it. I may have still worked today if it hadn't been for a stupid James Bond buff at airport security in September of 2001 in Chicago. He insisted it was a bomb detonator! I'll get you for this, James Bond! I couldn't help but to notice the comforting resemblance my new 770 bears to my greatly missed Psion. I also sense a Bluetooth keyboard in my near future.

WHAT? Oh you can't except to be let off without more of a story on that one. Do tell.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
After I had to explain to the lady of Nokia what the N770 exactly was she called me back and told me I could return the device to a local service point, they would swap it for another n770. But when I called the service point (again I had to explain what the n770 was) I was told they would return my n770 and it would be repaired in 1 or 2 weeks...

I did not return it until now because I have difficulties living without the 770 (and I did not have time...) Next week I will do it.

Another answer I've got from the Nokia lady is that it's not possible to become a member from CLub Nokia with the n770

Originally Posted by mrp
did you contact Nokia? What was the answer?

Today I got my N770 back after waiting for two weeks they just replaced mine for a new one. The frame is still a little twisted but it is less then with the previous N770. So I hope the cracks will stay away! Offcourse I did not have to pay anything.

*&^@&^%@&$ Only 2 hours later after reading the paper on my NEW N770 I saw a new crack between the 'back' and 'menu' button First it looked like a scratch, when I looked better at it I saw it was a huge crack

I send a mail to Nokia again...