Active Topics

http://www.mobilegazette.com/nokia-7...iew-051116.htm

Anyone here care to comment on their experience? I hope this is not the case!

I have trouble connecting to the wifi network sometimes - usually takes me two attempts.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
My wifi router (Sitecom WL-114) is located in the living room on ground floor. I can connect from the second floor with the 770 without any problem.

I never have any problems connecting to relatively distant AP's. Maybe the reviewed unit had a bad WIFI antenna connection (since he/she had trouble connecting to all networks).

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
No problems here either, using it on Sitecom an Linksys AP's, might be your router settings...

Works all over the house with my Netgear DG834G and my neighbours unsecure Belkin

Kevin

Originally Posted by Kevint
Works all over the house with my Netgear DG834G and my neighbours unsecure Belkin

Kevin

LOL.. gotta "love thy neighbors!"... lol

I was worried about that issue. Hopefully it is just a bad review unit (oh all the faults in the world it had to be a bad review unit). Hopefully whatever the problem is it is just a simple one.

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

This guy got a bad unit from Nokia according to this update on mobilegazette:

http://www.mobilegazette.com/forum/v...75db131f9942e0

I haven't had any problems connecting to my router at home or when connecting via a peer-to-peer network to my laptop at work... In fact, I was amazed that I could stay connected to my laptop after walking down the hall to the conference room.

I have noticed that it works better if I connect while close to the laptop and then go to the conference room. I tried waiting until I was in the conference room and it would not connect.