Active Topics

Notices

Hey there,

After accidentally re-flashing my N9 (was using flasher to charge it from 0%), by replacing the operating system only, I found all my data intact except for calendar and notes that were gone (I still don’t know why). I thought it was no big deal because I had made a full backup with Nokia Suite a week before that. However, Nokia Suite (3.6.36) restore procedure brought neither contacts, nor notes back (though it did display some progress on them while working).

My first assumption was that Nokia Suite wasn’t fully compatible and couldn’t back them up properly so I downloaded NbuExplorer and found out the data was there: my .nbu file contained a .vcs for each calendar entry and a .txt for each note.

So there’s a manual solution: export items from NbuExplorer as files and send them to device. Opening a .vcs on the device adds the event to the calendar (I used my mail app to do that).

I’m sure this can be automated with a script. I’ve seen some mentions of ~/calendar/calendardb for N900 on the forum but haven’t managed to find it on my N9 (the folder is empty).

-George

The Following User Says Thank You to jorge For This Useful Post: