Notices

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hi Nicoles,
I'm afraid I've been in the middle of writing tests for Engineering as well as writing up some commercial code of late and haven't had a chance to work on any of my free projects. As soon as I have time I plan to get around to finding and fixing the problems in this code. would have done so this holiday however unfortunately I didn't have access to my dev system which shelved that idea.

I am aware of these problems, they are caused by applications that make use of 'maemo-invoker' and I'm afraid I still haven't found a way to detect those launches reliably. As a stopgap solution you can try creating/modifying the definition files in /opt/applock/
If you do go that route and manage to get a functional one (remember to restart the daemon after each time you modify the file) then please PM it to me so I can add it to the next release.

Best of luck,
SPARTAN563

The Following User Says Thank You to SPARTAN563 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
@SPARTAN563

i dont know how to and what files to modify. so i am waiting for a new version of "applock"
and ya thanks for the reply

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

I use AppLock to lock the conversation app and I think I found a bug: after a reboot, the first time you access a supposed-to-be-locked app, the device does not get locked. It would be troublesome if it's lent to someone and they accidentally reboot it.

Last edited by LightRain; 2011-09-13 at 03:50.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
and also there is no "back" button, for some who does not know the security code,only option comes to switch off the device .also ctrl+back button for task manager does not work. in other words there is no option either put the right code or switch of the device

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Just want to say I am looking forward for a testing-repository relese
It will be very handy to look file manager, photos och fmms.

i am using CSSU + pr 1.3.1 and applock wont lock photos...
maybe some change in the dbus code ?

The Following User Says Thank You to colchaodemola For This Useful Post:
this app is not working properly.it is not able to lock all apps it just works on contacts and conversation and useless to lock other apps.plz update this app and try to fix it ! thaks.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hey man,
I'm afraid I haven't used my N900 in ages (since I got my N950), so updating the apps I wrote for it has taken a bit of a back seat; especially with all the work I've been bogged down with of late.
I'm not sure how good your programming background is, but if you want to try and tweak the code yourself, or look at writing your own override file, then you're more than welcome to. The code is on gitorious.org (see the first post) if you're up for it.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I am not likely to release any updates for this application, up to the community to maintain it from here on out. It was more of a demonstration to prove that it was possible to implement a proper Lock-On-Launch security layer on Maemo than aimed at being a consumer application anyway.

Regards,
SPARTAN

Downloaded it yesterday
fantastic and no issues to speak off so far , really like the way it gets rid of apps in the menu you ticked off was going to suggest making an app that does that

thank you