Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Thanks for your help wolke

e: shouldn't one be cautious with 'apt-get upgrade'?
generally speaking, no, not really.

it depends on how much you trust the maintainers of the repositories. i dont trust nokia much, so im a bit cautious about upgrading, but i still install the upgrades unless theres damn good reason not to, and there hasnt been yet.

IMO, you shouldnt have a repo installed that youre afraid to do apt-get upgrade with. for unstable repos, you should enable them, upgrade carefully and judiciously, and disable them, if you want to have some semblance of stability.

anyway, do what you feel. it could fix the problem, or give you cancer.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
generally speaking, no, not really.

it depends on how much you trust the maintainers of the repositories. i dont trust nokia much, so im a bit cautious about upgrading, but i still install the upgrades unless theres damn good reason not to, and there hasnt been yet.

IMO, you shouldnt have a repo installed that youre afraid to do apt-get upgrade with. for unstable repos, you should enable them, upgrade carefully and judiciously, and disable them, if you want to have some semblance of stability.

anyway, do what you feel. it could fix the problem, or give you cancer.
Once again thanks for your help, time and advise. It turned out to be Meecatalog that caused the problems. I disabled all extra reps from I've enabled in Meecatalog and that did the trick.

Ohh and thanks for this app/script it is working just fine.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
new release is up.

includes an ugly config gui, and hopefully should work without inception now.

feedback would be appreciated, especially on the gui {which is the ugliest thing ive ever seen; pyside is surprisingly ugly out of the box, without any qml or whatever you gui-kids use these days}.

as far as i can tell, the gui works, but isnt too friendly to use. ill see about styling it up in a modern, harmattan-ish way next release.

if someone who does NOT use inception could confirm that this works for them, i would appreciate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
left out a critical feature; 0.4.3 is up now

config file is automatically reloaded now without a phone restart {no upstart restart necessary, either}

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Milan, IT
I just installed the new version, maybe the gui is a little bit ugly and too small but this app works just fine for me! Many thanks

P.S.
I don't use inception

The Following User Says Thank You to AB3S For This Useful Post:
Also installed and working without inception here aswell, only thing is that the 'change songs' doesn't work for me when on lockscreen it only turns the volume down, no biggie though.
About the UI, it's not fancy in anyway, but works and reminds me of some of the GUI's from the mods on the N900

On another note 'descovered' that the remote on the earpiece works aswell when plugged in. The volume rocker does the same thing as the volume HW buttons does. Nice thing when taking photos, less of a chance they get shaken when pressing volume up.
Could the extra buttons on the earpiece remote be used to change other stuff in the camera app? e.g. the flash mode or the white balance and such?

Ohh one thing nothing would show in the txt fields in the app before i hit the 'save config' button and then after that i could load 'default config'.

Regards Dousan...

Yeahh also a big thanks from me for this app, very usefull...

My Søciety6:

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-05-01 at 18:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AB3S View Post
I just installed the new version, maybe the gui is a little bit ugly and too small but this app works just fine for me! Many thanks
P.S. I don't use inception
Also installed and working without inception here aswell, only thing is that the 'change songs' doesn't work for me when on lockscreen it only turns the volume down, no biggie though.
About the UI, it's not fancy in anyway, but works and reminds me of some of the GUI's from the mods on the N900

On another note 'descovered' that the remote on the earpiece works aswell when plugged in. The volume rocker does the same thing as the volume HW buttons does. Nice thing when taking photos, less of a chance they get shaken when pressing volume up.
Could the extra buttons on the earpiece remote be used to change other stuff in the camera app? e.g. the flash mode or the white balance and such?

Ohh one thing nothing would show in the txt fields in the app before i hit the 'save config' button and then after that i could load 'default config'.

Regards Dousan...

Yeahh also a big thanks from me for this app, very usefull...
thanks for testing guys!

thats pretty cool about the volume rocker. alas, i have no way of testing it to see what it does, but i suspect that theres no way to differentiate between the hardware vol keys and the headset rocker.

odd, playpause/next/prev works just fine for me. however, it ALSO changes the volume for me when on the bluerain-lockscreen {not the lowpower-lockscreen}.

could you do me a favor and try running it directly and pasting the output? {as root, 'stop apps/n9-button-monitor', then as user, '/opt/n9-button-monitor/n9-button-monitor.py'}

also, if anyone else has this problem, please let me know.

about the text not showing up, it starts out blank, and you can load either the default or the current config, modify it, and save it.

i did it that way because i found some painting issues in pyside when initializing a bunch of ui elements at once. {gui-library-type-problems, not bugs in my code} these painting issues could explain what youre seeing; elements would appear/disappear, text would show doubled up or not at all, the mouse would be slightly off, etc.
i have no idea why pyside doesnt just work; i dont really want to write QML and C++ code for such a simple thing.

Hi wolke.

First command gives me 'sh: stop not found'

Second command gives me:
$ /opt/n9-button-monitor/n9-button-monitor.py
/home/user/.config/n9-button-monitor.ini 121 881a4 29999 29999 b303 3973 1 0 0 1335852756 1335852756 1335852756 4096

refreshing config
torch on
libomap3camd 1.133
Staring camera without viewfinder available
libomap3camd 1.133
auto shut-off
torch off

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:

Hi wolke.

First command gives me 'sh: stop not found'

Second command gives me:
$ /opt/n9-button-monitor/n9-button-monitor.py
/home/user/.config/n9-button-monitor.ini 121 881a4 29999 29999 b303 3973 1 0 0 1335852756 1335852756 1335852756 4096

refreshing config
torch on
libomap3camd 1.133
Staring camera without viewfinder available
libomap3camd 1.133
auto shut-off
torch off

Regards Dousan...
sorry, first comand should be:

devel-su
/sbin/stop apps/n9-button-monitor

and then run the second command like you did, configure it to skip songs while locked, start a multi-song playlist/album/thing in the mediaplayer, and then try to skip a song while locked a few times. im hoping it doesnt print aegis errors.

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9