Originally Posted by uber View Post
It worked for me using a personal XMPP server (ejabberd) to a gtalk buddy, although the gtalk client on his android phone crashed a couple of minutes into the video call.
Did it work for you with any desktop client (besides Google talk browser plugin)? I have problems with Pidgin to do something like that.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-03-06 at 02:08.

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
I have issues getting it to work on desktop to n9 or vice versa

despite the numerous installs and uninstalls and update to pr 1.2 it doesnt work for me. After install i do not have video call option in contacts.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
despite the numerous installs and uninstalls and update to pr 1.2 it doesnt work for me. After install i do not have video call option in contacts.
Here's how it works, they have to be a Gtalk contact and then when they are available you'll have the video call option appear below their Gtalk in the contacts page.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Here's how it works, they have to be a Gtalk contact and then when they are available you'll have the video call option appear below their Gtalk in the contacts page.
i checked for that already. Yes they have chat they are online. It only gives me the option to message them.

Originally Posted by solstice88 View Post
i checked for that already. Yes they have chat they are online. It only gives me the option to message them.
One thing to make clear is that it's not the stand alone Google Talk application. It's the chat inside gmail when you're logged in that can handle video calls. The person you're calling should also be logged into his or her gmail account. Vtok for iphone etc can also be visible in the gmail chat, but that won't work. For now it's only pure gmail chat that can do the magic.

If you can't call them, ask them to make a video call you to you first and see what happens.

Last edited by latency; 2012-03-07 at 16:19.

thanks latency for clarification. I will look more into it.

I've just got my N9, and been trying to install gtalk to no avail. The store option fails. Doing it manually through a terminal I am getting something about call-ui and package-manager not being the right versions (call ui > 4.2011.10.21+0 and I have 3.2011.09.12, package-amanger > 1.2.9 but I have 1.1.4) however trying to manually update these (apt-get install) even after a apt-get update is not working either. Any ideas?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mastastealth View Post
I've just got my N9, and been trying to install gtalk to no avail. The store option fails. Doing it manually through a terminal I am getting something about call-ui and package-manager not being the right versions (call ui > 4.2011.10.21+0 and I have 3.2011.09.12, package-amanger > 1.2.9 but I have 1.1.4) however trying to manually update these (apt-get install) even after a apt-get update is not working either. Any ideas?
what version is your firmware?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Originally Posted by mastastealth View Post
pr1.2 installed?